Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Green Carp But Still Fun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Green Carp But Still Fun

One of the Old Timers that fishes Lake Greeson has been telling me about all the Green Carp that are being caught right now on live crawfish so we decided to have a little fun with them. He recently had an artificial knee installed so he hasn't been able to do any fishing. We tried to talk him into joining us this morning but he's still having a lot of pain and stiffness so he didn't think he should.

We pulled up on the first rocky point he recommended and as soon as we dropped our crawfish to the bottom Jim had a good one on and for the next 20-minutes it was just about non-stop action. We blanked out on the next few rocky points we tried but got into them again on a point farther down the lake.

When we had our limit of bass and released a few more we did a little crappie fishing and found some nice ones looking for a boat ride. By 11:00 we decide we had enough fish to clean and we still had 8 Bamboo Crappie Condos to build so we headed in.

If you have Spotted Bass (Kentucky Bass) in your lake and want to have some fun get a bucket of crawfish and find some rocky points or drop-offs that go into deep water. Use a 1/0 or 2/0 hook and a couple split shot and work the tail-hooked crawfish off the bottom. When you get a bite drop your rod tip to give plenty of slack and then set the hook when the line starts to move.

We probably didn't have any over 2-pounds but even the smaller ones thought they were big and gave a good fight on our light tackle.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you guys had a great time. The short guy in the pic had a pretty good smile on his face lol! Thanks for the post its got me wound up for the 12-14 of Oct.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grubby
    Looks like you guys had a great time. The short guy in the pic had a pretty good smile on his face lol! Thanks for the post its got me wound up for the 12-14 of Oct.
    Yea, he caught a few bass and a couple of the smaller crappie so he was happy.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You gonna have some of them Bassturds tore up by hanging them carp like that.....haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grubby
    You don't have to wait unit then - come on down and have some fun! The surface temps are finally below 80-degrees and I think the crappie will be stacking up and turning on real soon.

We probably could have gotten a good mess of crappie if we would have fished for them all morning instead of messing with those green carp but we have to do our part to keep the lake balanced by thinning out some of the trash fish.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    You gonna have some of them Bassturds tore up by hanging them carp like that.....haha
    Oh, well, can't keep everyone happy. There was a bunch of the aforementioned fellers on Greeson last Saturday trying to make some money catching them carp and I heard the weigh-ins were a bit on the light side. Too bad they can't use live crawfish in those tournaments - killer bait this time of year.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO that is a good thing keeping the lake balanced out population wise. They are fun to catch to bad Carlos didnt get to go out with ya'll he really like catching them with the craw dads. Seen him in action last fall at crappie camp when he took me out. We had a blast that day. Tell him to get well quick.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like fun and kept you busy I see. Spotted bass love minnows too.

Post Thanks / Like

great catch, its nice to give the crappie a little break.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Yea, he caught a few bass and a couple of the smaller crappie so he was happy.
    Hehe - I'd be smilin with that stringer too.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast