http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/IMG_0220.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/IMG_0219.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/IMG_0218.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/IMG_0217.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/IMG_0214.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z157/Tlewis38344/IMG_0212.jpg

Don G
09-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Neat job Tom...Is that a transducer or torpedo launcher?:)

Cane Pole
09-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Neat job Tom...Is that a transducer or torpedo launcher?:)

Thanks. A new member here did the machine work. His name is Catwagon. I just did the screwing. haha

Ment to identify that this is full down trim on the motor. As you can see, the xducer is below the cavitation plate and has a clear shot to the other side off the hull. I have no problems WOT.

creekslick
09-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Thanks Tom. That answered my questions.

Humminbird_Greg
09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Sweet install Cane Pole.
We've done the same to a company boat in the past but used double-sided tape instead of the silicone.

Cane Pole
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Sweet install Cane Pole.
We've done the same to a company boat in the past but used double-sided tape instead of the silicone.

Thanks,

Yep, that supervisor tape (two faced) is good stuff. That is what I call it anyway. I have stuck temporary stuff on me stuff with supervisor tape in the past. Almost as good as duct tape. nah........

creekslick
09-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Would it make any difference if the transducer was on the other side of the boat? The reason I ask is because my factory transducer is mounted on the left side. Also do you get very much of a rooster tail from the transducer?

Cane Pole
09-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Would it make any difference if the transducer was on the other side of the boat? The reason I ask is because my factory transducer is mounted on the left side. Also do you get very much of a rooster tail from the transducer?

No on the mounting.

I don't know about the rooster tail. I can't look and drive. I will check it out this weekend and let you know. I have no problems WOT. That equates to about 33 mph. I got A 60HP 4 STROKE Merc Bigfoot pushing my boat. Not too bad for this combination. I usually run about 4000 rpm. I ain't gonna set any speed records, but I ain't got too far to go.

creekslick
09-19-2007, 10:42 AM
No on the mounting.

I don't know about the rooster tail. I can't look and drive. I will check it out this weekend and let you know. I have no problems WOT. That equates to about 33 mph. I got A 60HP 4 STROKE Merc Bigfoot pushing my boat. Not too bad for this combination. I usually run about 4000 rpm. I ain't gonna set any speed records, but I ain't got too far to go.

Thanks Cane Pole

drill instructor
09-22-2007, 05:28 AM
cane pole can you post that pic as an attachment for me please, or send it to my email. I cant see it.
thanks

Cane Pole
09-23-2007, 05:50 PM
cane pole can you post that pic as an attachment for me please, or send it to my email. I cant see it.
thanks

ok. I am a little slow responding here. I just got in from a few days at the lake.

Cane Pole
09-23-2007, 06:02 PM

Yep. Got a roster tail. It prob 3 foot high at WOT. If I raise the xducer, I will loose bottom contact. I might add a little deflector to quell the roster tail.

It is hard to tell what is going on. Paul (Crappie Stalker) looked at it as we were running WOT. It looks like the step is just about out of water, but with him leaning over transom to take a look, this changed the dynamics of the water flow somewhat.

I was able to get more trim out of my motor with this transducer. I got good trim without a lot of porpoising. I was able to reach 35mph (gps). First time here.

guest01
09-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I get the rooster tail also but I can live with it because of the high speed reeding. I would rather see the bottom all the time.

papasage
09-23-2007, 06:57 PM
i can`t se a pick either .

Hickory
09-23-2007, 11:30 PM
I have a 997SI.I have a 16 foot aluminum boat,it has tiller steering.When I sit in back of the boat to steer,the boat is about 3" out of level.Does that change anything as far as getting a reading or is it shooting more to one side than the other.Same thing with the sonar.Am I getting a reading striaght down or do you have to compensat in some way.

Humminbird_Greg
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Hickory,
Changing anything with the boat that will make the transducer point in a different direction can affect how it wil read. Bringing additional tackle, someone else on the boat and all can affect this all depending on your boat. Ideally you want it pointing staright down (perpendicular to the surface of the water) whenever you are using it. So if you normally use it while you are at the tiller than you need to try and have it angled so that it points straight down while you are there. If the way your boat is loaded changes constantly; find some mid-point transducer setting that you are happy with.

Cane Pole
09-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Hickory,
Changing anything with the boat that will make the transducer point in a different direction can affect how it wil read. Bringing additional tackle, someone else on the boat and all can affect this all depending on your boat. Ideally you want it pointing staright down (perpendicular to the surface of the water) whenever you are using it. So if you normally use it while you are at the tiller than you need to try and have it angled so that it points straight down while you are there. If the way your boat is loaded changes constantly; find some mid-point transducer setting that you are happy with.

I got A SCUM LINE on my boat. It indicates the angle of attack (boat relative to the water) the boat is positioned most of the time in the water. Take a little line level with you and you can figure the angle to mount the xducer with respect to the boat.

Like Greg said. All things affect the angle of attack of the boat, but mostly fat butts.