Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: light power pro

Post Thanks / Like

Angry light power pro

does n e 1 have the problem of very light pp twisting really really bad. I put on some 8 lb 1 lb dia and that stuff was so twisted i thought i was gonna loose my mind
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default I use it..

I use the 10/2 in hi-vis yellow and it has been the most twist-free line I've ever used. It will get wind knots from time to time when casting but the knots pull free pretty easily (usually). Good luck -- wish I had more advice.
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was using it I kept it sprayed with silicon. It really helped a lot. I understand Reel Magic helps a lot too but I've never tried it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question "daddy" ...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkies daddy
    does n e 1 have the problem of very light pp twisting really really bad. I put on some 8 lb 1 lb dia and that stuff was so twisted i thought i was gonna loose my mind
    PowerPro 8/1 or 10/2 either one will twist ... just like mono.

Question #1 - did you just put it on, and it's twisted upon first use ??
    Reason ... you spooled it on wrong.
    Remedy ... unspool about 1/2 - 2/3 of it off behind the boat, going at idle speed, for about 3minutes, then reel it back on ... (or drag it around the yard, thru the grass, then reel it back onto your reel)

Question #2 - (if question #1 answer is "no") is it twisted after a period of use, especially casting a jig ??
    Reason ... jigs spin in the air while being cast.
    Remedy ... See remedies under Question #1

Question #3 - (if #1 & #2 are not the problem) are you vertical jigging with it (and at a depth over twice the length of your rod) ??
    Reason ... jig is spinning when being dropped to depth (especially when using light jigheads and plastics other than tubes, but will do same with tubes)
    Remedy ... see previous remedies :D

I've been using PP 10/2 on a Shimano Spirex 2000/Browning MH 6ft spinning combo ... (main use is long distance casts with 1/16oz marabou Roadrunner) ... the RR's will spin in the air, during the cast, quite often --- and the remedy is always the same

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have used 10-2 off & on for about 2 years & the only trouble i have with it is wind knots. I have not tired real magic yet but i will next time out.I like how strong it is most of the time you get your jig back & straighten the hook & ready to go. Jim C.