Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to start...........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to start...........

Hello everyone,
    I just registered on this board today. I found this site by searching the web for crappie help. Here's my story;
    I normally deer hunt all fall and winter long but this year I am going to try to do things differently. When I hunt a lot of times I have to hunt alone but I have a 27 year old son, a wife and a father that just really enjoys fishing. This fall and winter I thought I would spend more time fishing and enjoying my family that God has blessed me with.
    Here is what I want from you guys.
    I just need to know where to begin. Maybe some books, dvd's or anything of that nature that will lead me in the right direction at learning how to catch fall and winter time crappie. The extent of my crappie fishing is to drift with minnows. I did buy a crappie video off of Ebay but haven't received it yet (Crappie Wisdom). I looked around at this site and looked at the crappie structures. I can get all the wooden pallets I need at work but would have no idea as to where to place them. I do have a boat and Guntersville Lake is where I would be fishing in beautiful Guntersville, Alabama.
    Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. I am planning to read some of the acrticle posted here on this site.
    Thanks and God bless
    sethook
    sethook

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above.......

Post Thanks / Like

welcome Sethook, from Louisville Ky.
    It won't be long until one of the guys that fish Guntersville will be looking you up and give you all the help you need. everyone on this forum is more than willing to help another fisherman.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, welcome to the board. This is a very good place to start for information as you'll find some of the most knowledgeable crappie folks I know of . A good magazine is called crappie world and has some very good tips. On-line www.ecrappie.com.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey wannabe, sorry you can't make it T-ville! Maybe next time. I'm looking forward to meeting/fishing with Crappiepappy. I need all the help I can get with solving the mystery of where to fish T-ville Lake.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Downwind. I have already went to ecrappie.com and signed up for their free 2 trial magazines.
    sethook

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Downwind
    Hey wannabe, sorry you can't make it T-ville! Maybe next time. I'm looking forward to meeting/fishing with Crappiepappy. I need all the help I can get with solving the mystery of where to fish T-ville Lake.
    I know the feeling, only I need all the help I can get to solve the mystery of HOW to fish. :o
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Virginia Sethook.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from MO
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board from Arkansas. I'd start by watching the water temp. When it gets in the low 70's and into the 60's the fish should be good as long as you are fishing one submerged cover. That you've got to find in your fishing waters. If it's any help, I have many articles on my website that might be some help. The link is below. Good luck and have fun with the family. That's the most important thing.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast