Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing For Kids

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing For Kids

The Shoals Area Crappie Association will he helping with the "Fishing For Kids" help out of McFarland Park Saturday, September 22nd. We ask that you bring your boat, a couple of spinning rods, fibreglass extendable fishing poles (cane poles), and a cricket box and minnow bucket. Brad has asked that we be there around 9:30am.

This event is for underprivileged children and handicapped children who don't normaly get a chance, or have never had the chance to go fishing. Local fishing clubs help aid this great event by providing boats and tackle and taking a kid fishing who deserves it. This truly is an event that will make a difference in a childs life and the SACA is proud to be part of it.

Sponsers of the event will donate all the live bait we need.

Looking forward to next Saturday!. Give me a call with any questions you might have.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

You have reason to be proud, keep u[ the good work, wish I were close enough to be there. Truely a worthwhile event.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see the looks on those kids faces!. I hope to let one catch a big drum or catfish!

Talked to Brad and this is what we need to bring with us for Saturday.

First off, make sure you have enough life jackets for at least 3 people.

Bring a cricket box and something to put minnows in. Large shinners and crickets will be provded by sponsers.

Bring a couple of spinning reels, and or Zebco 33 type reels if you have them. I plan to drift minnow below the dam hoping to let them just catch some kind of large fish, and or possibly a big smallmouth or largemouth. Catfish are by the thousands up there as well. If that doesn't work, I will take them somewhere with crickets and let them watch the cork!

Be at McFarland park at 9:30 at the latest. If you have a club tournametn shirt, wear it!!.

See you guys Saturday. Bring a camera for pictures!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow what a great event. Look on the main mesage board for the post about the fishign for kids day. Thanks eveyone. It was awesome.