Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Jig Pole For The Money

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Jig Pole For The Money

Alright I guess I'm gonna start something here, ok no punches below the belt,
    no hair pulling.
    What is the- cheapest- best- lite- 12 ft. jig pole there is, one that you can hole all day without having to have physical therapy for 6 weeks after using it.
    I've tried the B&M slow troller, if you catch a one pound crappie, it felt like I was pulling in a 1958 Buick transmission, so that one is out of the picture.

spider rig man

Post Thanks / Like

the new Russ Bailey rod from BnM should do the trick. Its a very light weight jigging pole.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

of course you mentioned BnM, Wally Marshall's are nice, BUT you said BEST CHEAP ROD...Look up the Pinnacle IM7. I bought 2 for $35. They are pretty sweet for the price.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You get what you pay for. For my money it is an Ugly Stick. Cheap is no good if it does not last. I usually pay about $25.00 for my sticks. They are indestructible. I have some that I have had for fifteen years or more.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Alright I guess I'm gonna start something here, ok no punches below the belt,
    no hair pulling.
    What is the- cheapest- best- lite- 12 ft. jig pole there is, one that you can hole all day without having to have physical therapy for 6 weeks after using it.
    I've tried the B&M slow troller, if you catch a one pound crappie, it felt like I was pulling in a 1958 Buick transmission, so that one is out of the picture.

spider rig man
    I would take a look at these. The price is right and they are good rods. Only problem is I think 10' is the longest, but take a look at the special price.

http://www.proanglertackle.com/CrappieRods.htm

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about cheap, but I like the BnM's.
    Last edited by pstone; 09-18-2007 at 12:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a rod that will last a long time and give you years of great service, get the Crappie Wizard poles by B&M. I have been fishing with these poles for 5 years now and no problems at all. But I could be a little bias since my name is on them. LOL:D
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried alot of rod and many of them are really good, but I keep going back to BnM. Right now I am using the ole trusty Bucks and the Crappie Wizard.

You want a 12' rod that won't wear you out holding it all day. Of course there are alot of factors that affect this issue. But, if you consider dropping your length down to 11 or even 10 it will help with the weight and getting tired holding it issue. I am now using all 10's and I love it. They seem be more comfortable to me plus I have greatly increased my accuracy when pitching a jig and control in presentation of the jig.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Jig Pole

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    If you want a rod that will last a long time and give you years of great service, get the Crappie Wizard poles by B&M. I have been fishing with these poles for 5 years now and no problems at all. But I could be a little bias since my name is on them. LOL:D
    Weezer, I've heard some good things about your jig pole, I'll check them out.
    Are they guaranted to catch a limit of slabs every time I use em?.
    What have you been doing latly, you've been kinda quite for a while. Are you back to guiding now?.
    srm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Weezer, I've heard some good things about your jig pole, I'll check them out.
    Are they guaranted to catch a limit of slabs every time I use em?.
    What have you been doing latly, you've been kinda quite for a while. Are you back to guiding now?.
    srm
    Yup! They will catch a limit every time you go. You don't even have to put a reel, line, or a jig on it. Just set the pole in the boat and the fish will jump right in. :rolleyes: LOL
    Been a tuff summer. Tried to stay under the air most of the summer.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast