Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Grenada, Mississippi Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada, Mississippi Crappie

Hey Ya'll, My name is Gary Meadors and I'll be guiding on Grenada Lake starting this spring. This will be my frist year at guiding, I've fished Grenada Lake for 30 years, some of that time I commercial fished the Lake.
    There will be some major change's this year in the rules.
    There will be a 12 inch lenght rule on the crappie, a 20 fish limit per day, and no more than 3 poles per person.
    The state of Ms. is doing this to help preserve the big trophy crappie in the lake for the future.
    I have caught several 3 1/2 pound crappie in Grenada Lake, 2 and 3 pound plus crappie are fairly common on the lake.
    If ya'll want to catch a wallhanger, Grenada Lake is the best Lake in America to catch a trophy crappie.
    I'm attaching a link to a photo of some fish that I've mounted, two of the crappie are 3 1/2 pounds and the third crappie is 3 3/4 pounds.
    You can call me at home at 731-926-3428, or shoot me a pm, I would be glad to answere any questions you have.
    If you are thinking about coming down and just fishing without a guide, I can help point you in the right direction, I would be glad to help.
    Good fishing to ya'll..............Gary

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...dixieslabs.jpg

I think that will work, if not let me know, and I'll do something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary here is the picture.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish! My biggest is 3.25 and its the only one over 3. Also have a 2.98. I have always wanted to fish Grenada or Ross Barnett.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada Lake, Mississippi Crappie

Quote Originally Posted by crappielimits
    Nice fish! My biggest is 3.25 and its the only one over 3. Also have a 2.98. I have always wanted to fish Grenada or Ross Barnett.
    crappielimits, Grenada Lake or Arkabulta lake are the most likely lakes to catch 3 1/2 plus crappie. Ross Barnett has some nice size slabs, but not like the other two, if you are looking for numbers of crappie, Ross Barnett can't be beat.

Good Fishing.........spider rig man