Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need fish finder advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need fish finder advice

Here's the deal....if you have two fish finders, an old one and a new one, which one would you want on the console and which one would you want on the bow mounted TM. The new one has a better display, shows more detail and has more features. I can see advantages and disadvantages either way I decide to go................give me some insight.
    Hey...jerk...your bobber's under!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a hard choice for me. I like looking at it while I riding and I like looking at it while I'm fishing. It could also depend on what kind of fishing you are doing. I night fish a lot, so to me it would be more important to see it while I'm motoring along, because I end up achoring down and fishing one spot. If I were constantly moving while fishing, I may want it on the front.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy that is a hard one . Here is what I would do, don't know if its right or not. But if your useing it to find your tops and your doing that ok with your old one leave every thing where its at. If you ride around looking put the best one on the back.
    Let's go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy

I think it's an easy choice. Put the better one up front. The one you ride around with just needs to show cover on structure. The better unit will let you fish pinpoint accuracy.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with nightprowler and this is what I do.....Put the new and better one on the front. You're fishing from the front anyway, right? So there is where you want more detail to pinpoint structure, fish, depth, etc... All you need for the one on the console is mainly to show depth & structure to show you what you're motoring through.

Post Thanks / Like

depends on models. I have a HB997 on console and a 595c gps up front.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to keep it simple . I have two 320's one on the console and one on the front.

Big
    Stinkies Daddy

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a no brainer for me. I put the best on the bow where I sit most the time.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the better graph on the front where you do your fishing. The better you can see what your are fishing the better the outcome.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it don't really need saying again but I only use the the one on the back of the boat (where I sit to steer the tiller handle from) is to check depth. When I am looking I find the depth I like then go up front and drop the trolling motor with the good detail dp on it to fine tune the search.