Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I plead not Quilty, take a kid fishing

S10CHEVY is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I plead not Quilty, take a kid fishing

The disc jockey/newscaster pleaded not quilty on Thursday. So there will be a trial next Thursday to hear the case. I believe that there is only one pole involved with this father and son fiasco. Can't believe that this man would intentionally try to fish without a license, but that he was honestly only trying to help his son. If anyone would like to write to him, and ask questions go to www.105country.com and his name is Doug. The only thing said on the air this morning, is what I have said here. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Keith,

Keep us posted. If the guy only had one pole he should be able to convince the judge that he was only helping the kid. It may depend on how the law is written or how the judge interprets it.

I can’t get the link to work – get a video poker site when I try it. Could you check it for us?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking site

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Keith,

Keep us posted. If the guy only had one pole he should be able to convince the judge that he was only helping the kid. It may depend on how the law is written or how the judge interprets it.

I can’t get the link to work – get a video poker site when I try it. Could you check it for us?
    http://k105country.com/ ok now try the site link, silly me typed it wrong, not that I know how to type or anything, lol. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Not Guilty

Sorry this info hadn't been posted sooner. The DJ had his day in court. The judge asked the game warden, if he first asked Doug what he was doing, before issuing a ticket. The warden replied "No", so the judge thru it out of court. He made one request of Doug though, and that was that he buy a fishing license, and to appear back in court to show proof that he had. Doug even had a lawyer there to present his case. Haven't a clue what the fine would have been, but bet that the lawyer cost a good few bucks. Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Id say thats justice.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S10CHEVY
    Sorry this info hadn't been posted sooner. The DJ had his day in court. The judge asked the game warden, if he first asked Doug what he was doing, before issuing a ticket. The warden replied "No", so the judge thru it out of court. He made one request of Doug though, and that was that he buy a fishing license, and to appear back in court to show proof that he had. Doug even had a lawyer there to present his case. Haven't a clue what the fine would have been, but bet that the lawyer cost a good few bucks. Keith
    Hey Keith,

Thanks for the update - sounds like a win, win, win, win situation.

The DJ found out it's a good idea and less trouble to go ahead and get a fishing license even if he's just fishing with or "helping" his kid, the judge made his point and upheld the law, the Game Warden (hopefully) learned to use some discretion in issuing tickets and the lawyer made a buck or two - probably a lot more than the fine would have been if the DJ would have just paid it!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a very wise judge.
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Here in Iowa, we are required to have a fishing license after age 16. Anyone younger than that, must be accompanied by an adult with a valid license. The pole the youth uses, also counts as one of the two poles the adult can use. I say let the kids fish! Way better than other stuff they could be doing!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids