Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alweld Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alweld Boats

Anyone have an ALWELD boat? How do you like it? How's the quality?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2003 Crestliner alwelded. Love the boat. No problems. It was built before Brunswick bought Crestline. I don't know what there boats are like now.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he is talking about these.

http://www.alweld.com/
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2003 TRACKER , TRAGA 18 . Real good boat, well build boat! No complaints.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking about buying an 1860 ALWELD tunnel. These boats are made in Arkansas, and I was trying to get some feedback on the boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Rockmike you can NOT go wrong with ALWELD. I have lived just across town from them when they wrer in Bryant. They have moved now. There are 3 other boat companies right here close by that all work for them at one time. I run a 1452 Weldbuilt with a 40hp Yamaha tiller and put it thru the mill. Not one problem with it. I might be in the market for that same boat. Have a 60hp tiller OMC that I am puttin together and need a boat for it.

Alweld is a GREAT hull.
    Klipsch Speakers
    Crestron
    Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

I know a few that run them. And there nice boats. One guy has a flatbottom that is 5ft wide and only 16ft long. Looks like a barge.

Slipcork sounds like your going to have to get a 1860 to be able to run the 60 legal. I have a war-eagle 175 that is rated for a 50. And there 1860 is rated for a 60 tiller. Wish that was the hull that I had went with .
    Good luck to both of you.
    PEte

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning on putting an F90 Yamaha jet on this boat if I buy. Also center console steering. This should make a good boat for crappie fishing and running the White River. Also need the room for twin grandsons.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockmike
    I'm planning on putting an F90 Yamaha jet on this boat if I buy. Also center console steering. This should make a good boat for crappie fishing and running the White River. Also need the room for twin grandsons.
    rockmike, I over-powered my skiff which said a max. of 35 with steering wheel. Before I decided on this boat I called the GW and the in surance co. and all was good except if I carried insurance all they would cover would be the max. motor size in case anything happened. A well built, wide boat will carry more motor without problems with no trouble. I got a bud which owns a 14X42 Alweld flatbottom that is running a Johnson 25 with no problems at all. He loves his boat. They are tough and are made from thicker aluminum than alot of other flat bottom boats. Dont tell him I told you so, but he's a fairly older dude and hit a bouy in the lake once running pretty fast (so he told me) and even though he about fell out of the boat (yea, scarey, huh!?!) he barely put a dent in his boat. SAome of the flat bottoms I've owned would have been in the scrap heap had I made it back to the bank with it. Take a look at the F & M boats. From what I understand Alweld split up at one time and half of their crew opened up F & M boats in Ark. Another friend owns one of these in 16' X 60" flatbottom and he's got a really nice boat. I know I'm envious!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Along the Gasconade in Mo. they were the #1 boat for many years. Then the inboards came in, shoal runners, gators etc. and they declined in numbers. I think they were as good as you could buy at one time. They are very heavy take a lot of abuse, just don't dry dock it in the gravel. Good luck with your choice...Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast