Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lowrance Ifinder#Go

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lowrance Ifinder#Go

Hello everyone, Does anyone own a lowrance gps Ifinder#Go, Bass Pro has them on sale for 79.00 starting March first. I need one to relocate my crappie bambo condos after I put them out in the lake, It is waas+egnos receiver with 16mb background map coverage. If you have one or know someone that does, What do you think of it? Thanks in advance for sharing the info. Good Fishing to all! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the iFinder Pro, which is, in some ways, similar to the unit you are looking at, I think. I've compared the list of options listed at the BPS website & the biggest difference I see is that the one you are looking at doesn't mention having the option of a MMC card. With the MMC card, you can create detailed maps of certain locations. If you are wanting to be able to find a location in town by street address, this would be the way to go. Also with the MMC card, you can save on the card a number of waypoints. So if you were going to mark a great number of brushpiles, it would be handy. However, with the unit you are looking at, just as it stands, you can save 1,000 waypoints. If you know that many brushpiles, I need to come talk to you. <g>

As I said, I have the iFinder Pro which has the option of the MMC card & I would like, eventually, to get the Mapcreate stuff & the card, but I would use it for travel, not for fishing. If your list of waypoints gets too long, you can always write down the coordinates in a tablet & delete them from your unit. Then if you wanted them back at some time, it only takes a few seconds to reenter the information again.

So, to make a long story short, if all you are wanting to do is save the locations of brushpiles & other waypoints on your favorite lakes, I think the unit you are looking at would be very satisfactory. And it's a lot less than the iFinder Pro or the iFinder H20. I got mine at Walmart a couple of years ago & it was $149. Now, I see it's $199.

I haven't seen the #Go. It may be new. Don't know if there are others here that would have it or not. And I'm just assuming that it doesn't have the MMC card slot, since the website didn't mention it. It sure wouldn't hurt to talk to the guys at BPS before you buy it, just to know for sure what the differences are. But, as I say, if all you are wanting to do is mark the locations of brushpiles & other features on the lake, I'm sure this one would do the job for you. And it will get you back to within about 10 feet of every spot you save.

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Finder

You can get the just "iFinder" for around $150 nd has the card slot and should come with a waterproof seethru window travel Pouch which obviously would be a good thing. The ifinder pro should be around 209 and is waterproof and sleeker and comes with a cigareete adpter aswell as the travel case.

I have the new product guide (2005) It also does not mention the cheap iFinder having a card slot so I'm sure it does not. It also looks nothing like the other ifinders and has a much worse screen. Although for the price, if its all you can afford then I'm sure its well worth it. Maybe buying the 100 dollar better map create would be a good idea. You may be able to to get add'd lter I dont know

Post Thanks / Like

Wink GPS I finder lowrance

Thanks Tugaloo and craple for taking the time to look up the information on the Ifinder for me,Hope I can return the favor some day. I think it will do what I need it to do. I just want to mark brush piles and bambo condos I am putting out in the lake. I have been chewing this over for a good while and I need to watch my money if you know what I mean. Thanks again for your help, I will check it out real good when I go to get it, Good Fishing and Gods Blessings your way! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink PS-Tugaloo

Hey Tugaloo, Send me a pm and I will send in return my email address and phone # if you want it, You said you wanted to talk to me.Take care and thanks for your help. Jimmy S