Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota trolling motor PROBLEMSSSSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota trolling motor PROBLEMSSSSSSSSS

We got a minn kota bucks certificate when my son and I won the Crappie USA regional...In JUNE,,, About the same time, the shaft bearings went out on my MK trolling motor , so it was a great time to get a new one. or so I thought. I played email tag for three weeks to get one ordered and when it finally came, I put it on and the motor bearings failed immediately. After arguing with them, they finally sent me a ups label to send it back. WELL , guess what, the new one had a bent motor shaft, so here it is, THREE weeks before we leave for the classic and I STILL don't have a trolling motor. AND I bought a 997 si and have yet to try it out!!!! Can you imagine what I will say when, in front of everyone at the classic, if I have to take my john boat to tennessee! ok, enough whining. We leave in the three weeks for the classic!:D
    jc

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you ordering these motors? I have never had these problems! Minnkota is tops in CSR. You shouldn`t send it off, find warranty center and let them fix it. Stop using e-mails and call to find warranty center near you, then bring it by. They can fix it in minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I cashed in some of them mk bucks - they are not terribly
    enthusiastic about "paying up" when it comes time to. But they did,
    finally. I ordered a new tm from them, and it is a miracle it wasn't damaged,
    the shipper was ROUGH on it, had holes knocked in the box you could see
    the mtr through - a few more miles and it'd been hanging out the box.

I had the best luck getting results by calling, ask for a lady named Kimber
    Austin - of course they'll put you to her voice mail, but she did call me back.

507-345-4623 was the # I HATE voice mail
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

service centers were 1.5 hrs away. sent to factory. that's where I had to redeem coupon through. kimber Austin was who I talked to. One warranty center wasn't sure what I was talking about and the other was too far to fool with.maybe I was the fool!

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie10,
    Send me a pm and let me know what the model is on your motor and what is wrong with it. I will make sure I have the parts needed for it. Then give me a call when you get to Paris for the classic and I will fix it for you. My cell is 731-336-3550.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I cashed my Minn Kota bucks in, no problems. So far so good as far as the TM goes.

I talked with Kimber also...

Post Thanks / Like

1weezer, I sure hope it is here by then, but I will give you a call to fix my old one that broke and started this whole mess. thanks jc

Post Thanks / Like

I hope everything works out for you! Good luck and stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like

You're situation is definitly not the norm. I know the folks at our sister company - Minn Kota have really worked on their shipping boxes to make sure FedEx and UPS can't destroy them. I too had some problems with the boxes being battered pretty bad but that was 3 years ago. Minn Kota does have the best trolling motor on the market period. I know Kimber very well and she will do everything in her power to take care of you. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
    Eddie@Humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Kimber has quite a following!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast