Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Sad Death..

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Sad Death..

You guys be careful and protect yourself against skeeters this fall while outdoors. After not really hearing much about West Niles in a couple years now it has struck very close to home here in Georgia and really has our town shook up. Rumors are flying and some you can believe and some you cannot but bottom line is we had a 35 year old mother of 4 in seemingly in perfect health pass away yesterday in the local hospital from WN Virus. From the rumors, her and her family vacationed either at Myrtle Beach or somewhere in Fla. coming into contact. Not knowing exactly when she went to the hospital (but hearing it was only a couple days ago) she became comatose totally dependant on life support until she was determined brain dead and took off life support when she died. I'll be the first to tell you guys that all the info I have is purely rumors but the reason for the post is to inform everyone that even though this is a seemingly rare desease, it can happen close to home. I hate it for the family and my prayers are sent for them. This had to be a devestating thing for all that knew her.
    Some say it's the first reported death in Georgia from WNV, but I think that's another rumor. Guys and gals, protect yourself when outdoors from those critters. It's a sad thing that this young lady passed away but maybe by people keeping the cause of her death to mind it'll protect others. Even for all you macho guys, your skin isnt in-pentratable so cover up or get out them Thermacells and use 'em. If not for yourselves, then think about your families.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that GABOWMAN. We tend to take things for granted until they hit close to home.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hate to hear that. That's something I don't think about much while being outdoors. It makes me want to spray down the kids with off every time I let them outside. The bad thing is they can get inside too. I hope they come up with a cure or a good way to drastically reduce the mesquitos.

Post Thanks / Like

My Prayers are sent! This is somethng I think about every day... especially with lyme desese.

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad indeed. Prayers for the family.

Post Thanks / Like

What a shame to be taken so young by something like that. It's always a good idea to protect our selves from thing in the out doors even like the sun. But when you throw in stuff like this it's becomes a list of things to think about and take preventative measures.

Sorry!
    May God Bless her family,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Truly sorry to hear that and hope the family will get thru as well as can be. Regardless of accuracy of diagnosis or such, a good heads-up post.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

My Prayers to her & the Family she left behind

Post Thanks / Like

sudden deaths to young folks like that is always bad news and extremely hard on those that knew the deceased.. I wish the best for her family and friends. i havent heard much about wnv lately. with all this rain we had last night i imagine the skeeters will be bad till frost.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that rubbing a Bounce dryer sheet on your skin will repel the lil buggers. I don't know if it's true, but worth a shot. I guess they don't like the smell.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast