Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New memeber/looking for fishing partner

fishNhard Guest

Post New memeber/looking for fishing partner

I'm new member and looking for any tips to fish lake jackson for the slabs. Went this past Monday caught about 10 keepers.Trolling in 18'feet off main lake using wind, was hard to manuver but managed to still catch them. I've been crappie fishing since I was ten.Looking for someone on some good tips on putting larger slabs in the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Welcome

FishNhard, Welcome to Georgia Crappie.Com. We are happy to have you join us here on this site. I am in Savannah, But if I were in your area we could do some fishing. Hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck! and good fishing! Jimmy S.

Chance Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fishNhard
    I'm new member and looking for any tips to fish lake jackson for the slabs. Went this past Monday caught about 10 keepers.Trolling in 18'feet off main lake using wind, was hard to manuver but managed to still catch them. I've been crappie fishing since I was ten.Looking for someone on some good tips on putting larger slabs in the boat.

Hey fishNhard, I am new here to this forum also. I too am new to GA. Just moved in from TX a little while back. I am looking for someone to go fishin' with as well. Where-bouts do you live? I am up in Douglasville. Get in touch and we'll plan a trip.
    Last edited by Chance; 03-08-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Welcome

Well hello Chance, I would like to welcome you to Georgia Crappie.Com also. We are happy to have you aboard.Hope you enjoy your time spent on this site. Let us hear from you when you go fishing. Good Luck! Jimmy S.

fishNhard Guest

Default Chance

Quote Originally Posted by Chance
    Hey fishNhard, I am new here to this forum also. I too am new to GA. Just moved in fr om TX a couple years ago. I am looking for someone to go fishin with as well. Where bouts do you live? I am up in Douglasville. Get in touch and we'll plan a trip.

fishNhard Guest

I'm down in Mcdonough, what lakes have you fished since you been in GA?

Chance Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fishNhard
    I'm down in Mcdonough, what lakes have you fished since you been in GA?
    My sister has a place down on Lake Eufaula(on the GA side). We were down there back in January during that warming spell and we did okay. Fished two days then, caught 69 the first nite....and 19 the second nite. All were pretty small tho. I had planned to go down there today but this cold front moved in and apparently has shut down a lot of fish.

Say, I was flying into ATL the other day and we were coming in right over McDonough. I noticed they are building a new lake down there just southeast of town. It looks like it may be a couple hundred acres at least, probably more. Do you know the name of that lake or anything about it. I want to go down there before it fills up and maybe check out the bottom layout of the whole place. Tell me what the name of it is if you know and how to get to it.

Thanks
    Chance

Chance Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS
    Well hello Chance, I would like to welcome you to Georgia Crappie.Com also. We are happy to have you aboard.Hope you enjoy your time spent on this site. Let us hear from you when you go fishing. Good Luck! Jimmy S.

Well, thanks JimmyS. I was happy to finally find a forum here in GA. Texas has a forum called Texas Fishing Forums and they have it organized really nice so that you can find exactly what you're looking for there very easily. I still go there for tips and hints on what the guys out there are doing to bring home the slabs. Here's the address for that site if any of you guys want to check it out:

http://www.texasfishingforum.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php

Happy slabbin.

fishNhard Guest

Default water resevoir

Quote Originally Posted by Chance
    My sister has a place down on Lake Eufaula(on the GA side). We were down there back in January during that warming spell and we did okay. Fished two days then, caught 69 the first nite....and 19 the second nite. All were pretty small tho. I had planned to go down there today but this cold front moved in and apparently has shut down a lot of fish.

Say, I was flying into ATL the other day and we were coming in right over McDonough. I noticed they are building a new lake down there just southeast of town. It looks like it may be a couple hundred acres at least, probably more. Do you know the name of that lake or anything about it. I want to go down there before it fills up and maybe check out the bottom layout of the whole place. Tell me what the name of it is if you know and how to get to it.

Thanks
    Chance

Chance,

The constructuion you saw was a new water treatment reservoir in henry county. I want to say the name is Tussasaw Resevoir , it is locate on 1500 acres. It was scheduled to be online by 2004, but I forsee it being the beginning of 2006. If you want try, http://www.hcwsa.com/operations/ this is their website describing the new reservoir.Hope this gives you some direction. I'm unsure of exact directions , but the office could give them to you. They usually lag in letting anyone fish the reservoir for about a year or two. The manmade dam will be a cuttoff and control point for one river that feeds into Lake jackson. From what I;m hearing this is going to improve the overall water quality in lake Jackson. I hope this helps. Do you fish many reservoirs? It is becomming more and more prominent in the south. I've got a small reservoir rigg that works real well. Let me know if this helps and maybe we can take a look at this new reservoir together.

fishNhard

Chance Guest

[I want to say the name is Tussasaw Resevoir , it is locate on 1500 acres. It was scheduled to be online by 2004, but I forsee it being the beginning of 2006.]

Yes, I visited the site you provided and sure enough, the name of the reservoir is Tussahaw Creek Reservoir. Apparently they charge a permit fee of $40 / year to fish on all their reservoirs. Looks like the courts have been pretty busy fighting amongst themselves as to whether or not to allow construction to proceed.

I just thought it would be worth the drive down there to take along my GPS and mark out some sharp creek bends or other high potential crappie structure now before the water covers it all up so that when we are able to get on the water there, at least we'll have some potential honey holes already located to fish.

What'ya think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast