Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking New to Crappie.com

I found this site and have been doing some reading and finally picked a name that was not already taken thanks to my son and registered. I spend most of my time fishing Stockton, but will fish anywhere I can catch a crappie. Anyone have a current report on Stockton since the rain last weekend? I will be on Stockton Saturday and hope to boat a few :D.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome!

Glad you're here -- you'll enjoy the company. I've never fished Stockton but BarnDog (I think) fishes there a bit. He and others should be able to help you out. Tight lines!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard , you'll find alot of good info and good people here, glad to have ya
    ed
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I look forward to learning as much as posible to improve my catching, I am an expert at fishing just need help with the catching!

Hey LOZCRAPPIE I noticed you were from Columbia, IL, I have an aunt and uncle that live in Columbia. Do you ever fish in IL? I fished with my Grandpa as a youngster at Keysport. Boy those were the days, my Grandpa tied his own jigs and we would fish with two at a time hair in the front and rubber in the rear it sure was fun to catch 2 at time.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pole Bender good to have ya aboard:D We are all meetin at Bucksaw on Truman for a long weekend.Stop by if ya can and meet everyone.It will be alittle quiet on here this weekend with us all at the lake so hang tight and im sure they will all chime in towelcome ya.We will all be staying in A-Loop at bucksaw campground so come on by if ya want.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small world, for sure..

Pole,

I may know your aunt and uncle -- I've lived in the area all my life. Pass along their last name and it may ring a bell -- heck, knowing Columbia we may even be related.

I only fish at LOZ, however, other than an annual trip to Reelfoot for some bluegill fishin' with my deer hunting group and don't fish much in the area where I live. You've obviously been on Carlyle Lake though if you've been in Keysport -- I have a couple of clients in that area.

Hogs is right, by the way. The board and your welcome notes will be slow as this is Crappie Camp weekend for the MO board. In fact, I think your Stockton reference, barn dog, is already fishing at the Truman camp as of today. But you'll get the hearty welcome when the rest of these clowns return (after their headaches/hangovers go away). :D

I won't be at camp due to a planned family trip to LOZ this weekend. I will be fishing there, however. Hopefully the group at Truman lets a few get through the dam and down my way.

Best wishes,
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome pole bender....glad to have another stockton fisherman aboard,i've never fished it but would like to learn how to catch some walleye down there.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard!!! I think Beagleman fishes Stockton sometimes also.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, I am a LOZ guy myself. Like Hogs said we are meeting up at Truman this weekend for some fishing and friendship so there wont be much activity on the board this weekend. There are a few Stockton fishermen on the board so stay tuned. Come by Truman it will be big time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, I appreciate the welcome and invite to Truman. I have a full weekend planed or I would come to Truman. I also deer hunt and will be hunting and fishing this weekend

LOZCrappie, my aunt and uncles last name is Hertz, they moved to Columbia from Granite City. I have also fished Carlyle Lake, it was one on my Dad's favorite lakes to fish back in the 60's and 70's.

Bugman, the Walleye fishing has been terrific this year even though I do not target them I have caught as many as 3 keepers in a day. They seem to like one spot I have crappie beds placed in and I usually catch one while fishing that area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast