Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Im going to eat me some Tangerine Peel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im going to eat me some Tangerine Peel

Sorry to post another NON FISHING item on this part but this is pretty good news. Thought I would share it with all who havent seen it.

LONDON - Tangerine peel could help in the fight against certain cancers, researchers said on Wednesday.

Human cancer cells, which contain an enzyme called P450 CYP1B1, were destroyed by a compound contained in tangerine peel, Salvestrol Q40, scientists at Leicester School of Pharmacy found.

The findings may offer a new approach to uncovering a treatment for cancers such as breast, lung, prostate and ovarian cancer, the scientists said.
    Medicinal chemist Dr. Hoon L. Tan said: “It is very exciting to find a compound in food that can target cancers specifically. Salvestrols may offer a new mechanism of dietary anti-cancer action.

“Indeed, the depletion of salvestrols in the modern diet is due to the fact that many people no longer eat the skin of fruits and this may be a major contributory factor to the increasing incidence of some cancers in the human population.”

The breakthrough was being presented at the British Pharmaceutical Conference held in Manchester.
    Last edited by father of 4; 09-12-2007 at 08:46 PM.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Carful here.

Next week they will be saying this what caused that "disfunction" disease. haha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, they already have a cure for cancer...Think of it this way, if they had a cure for cancer all the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business...They need cancer patients to stay in business becasue it is so expensive to treat and that is how they make their money...I mean come on, in todays age with with all the research and scientists working on this, you know they ahve come up with something...I may be wrong, but I know I wont found out the truth in my time!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lhumphre
    Trust me, they already have a cure for cancer...Think of it this way, if they had a cure for cancer all the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business...They need cancer patients to stay in business becasue it is so expensive to treat and that is how they make their money...I mean come on, in todays age with with all the research and scientists working on this, you know they ahve come up with something...I may be wrong, but I know I wont found out the truth in my time!!
    yup sad to say same thing with aids and a few other things.

Post Thanks / Like

You are all right. Its bad when the people who are supposed to look out for our health are just like the darned oil companies. The Dollar means more than the Human being. Oh and Cane Pole, Thanks for putting your sack back on hehe
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Next week they will be saying this what caused that "disfunction" disease. haha

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like Canepole. What they say is good for you today is usually the cause of the problem tomorrow.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

the cures are still a secret to control world population i think......

as for the cause of the "disfunction" UGLY WOMEN

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how that peel eatin thing goes for you?

Big
    Stinkies Daddy