Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survey Question (How Far)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Survey Question (How Far)

I am just asking this for my own thinking and want to see what everyone else says and does.

How far do you go in your boat to reach your fishing spots? Meaning how many miles is it from your starting point to your longest runs to your fishing hot spots?

I have to go 5 miles just to get to the main lake and I fish between here and there for the most part because how far I have to go to get to my old spots. I fished this lake since it opened in the late 60’s and hardly ever came into Six Mile (what you call this arm) except for a couple of spots from way back when. So ever since I moved here I have been trying to learn this arm and fish here since it is a huge arm as it is.

However still I miss fishing the other places I spent a big part of my life fishing and actually I think there are several places I use to fish that are just better than Six Mile. The spot that has my attention right now is probably 12 mile run at least so I just wanted to know how far most of you run to fish. Actually if I am leaving 6 Mile to fish that means I have at least 8-9 miles for my closest old spots and that area is in my mind better fishing.

So would you try to stay closer to save gas or to heck with that and go to your best spots?

Thank You for Participating,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish an 18,000 acre lake and my longest run is about 5 miles.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My longest run is about 45 miles. I run up to Blood River ever once in a while from my dock. Been a few years since I been up there. I go to Piney some. Thats 15-20 miles from the dock. Most time I go about 25 to 500 feet or so.
    I am lazy.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

On an average, I guess I go 1-3 miles. I occasionally may go up to 5-6 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually put in close to where i plan on fishin....5 miles on average.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Usually 5-6 miles but enjoy the ride (about 10 miles) to the upper end of the lake in spring and fall.

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually run about 3-4 miles and sometimes make longer runs depending on what I'm fishing for.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

It depends on which one of the many choices we have in Arkansas. I think I can understand where you are coming from being that you fish Toledo. When I lived in Texas I always spent a week in the fall and one in the spring and stayed at Holly Grove marina (I think that was the name). I don't remember what creek it was on; but, I remember it was on the other side of the hill from the Chicken Coop. Fortunately the lanes were well marked (15 years ago). Otherwise the ride back would have been a nightmare when a storm came up. I remember one time going to a recomended spot from there to the bridge that crosses to Louisiana. A wind came up and I had to park my boat at the landing by the bridge and hitch a ride back to Holly Grove to get my trailer. I bet that boat ride was at least 40 miles.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part I am fishing within 4 miles of where I put the boat in.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish within rowing distance of where I put in (1 mile tops).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast