Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reelfoot rental suggestions?

kbconv Guest

Default Reelfoot rental suggestions?

Would like to go up to Reelfoot for 2-3 days from Nashville with 4 year old and maybe wife and 1 year old.

Can anyone suggest one of the local stays that are a good value?

Is the North end best weather/wind wise in the spring?

Thanks, John

Post Thanks / Like

Kbconv,
    You may want to check out reelfoot.com for information about resorts on the lake. I cannot give you any info about resorts. A 10 mph wind can make reelfoot real scary due to the shallow water. A little wind can sure ruin a good fishing trip. There are days when nobody is on the lake due to wind. I used guide Kenneth Norris one February a year or two ago. He is a good guide and I would recommend him. Check out reelfoot lake state park for childrens activities. They should have naturalist programs scheduled and if they do not, specifically request one and if at all possible they will accomodate you. They have a tremendous birds of prey program that is really interesting. They also have guided bird/bald eagle trips and pontoon tours.

Quote Originally Posted by kbconv
    Would like to go up to Reelfoot for 2-3 days from Nashville with 4 year old and maybe wife and 1 year old.

Can anyone suggest one of the local stays that are a good value?

Is the North end best weather/wind wise in the spring?

Thanks, John

kbconv Guest

Thanks! Hope to get up there this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Reelfoot suggestion

We used to live in the area, and while there are several good places to stay, I always go back to this one.
    http://www.bluebankresort.com/
    They have everything you want. I also favor fishing the Kirby Pocket area with dark "Grizzley" jigs that you can get anywhere on the lake.
    You can get a package deal at a lot of places, but they only offer boats with 8 hp, and that is OK if the the wind doesn't get rough, and that can happen very quickly.
    One caution: you can get lost on this lake in a heartbeat. Pick a landmark and keep it in site. Never venture out into the "ditches" and deep wooded areas without a good map and working knowledge of your hand held GPS. Or.............get a guide. Bluebank has a couple of good ones. That's my 2 cents worth. Good luck and good fishing.

Dave
    Florida

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that is a ranger at the park up there. Carry the kids to see the eagles. My buddy let me get in the cage at the park and take some pictures when I went duck hunting with him this year. Check this out:

Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

kbconv Guest

That's a great profile pic. Think he's caught anything this year? :D

JrBaker Guest

Default Blue Bank Resort (Marina)

I stayed at Blue Bank Resort (Marina) a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Neat place and pretty good fishing. It was a little early in the year, but the fishing was still pretty good. This place is right on the water. From the boat to my room was about 10 feet. They have a motel and a Marina hotel. If you can get a room (or cabin), stay at the marina. However, the motel restaurant (Fish House Grill), has some serious eats. Enjoy