Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake drawdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake drawdown.

Its not long until TVA will start there annual fall draw down of the lakes on the Tn river. But looks like this year they may not get to draw it down. LOL May have to hold water to even get to that point.
    Think that the TVA guys can figure this out ???? Or just drop it the normal amount and let us wade fish the river. LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Red, Same thing Here-They"ll have to pump water in to draw it down!!We are way below normal right now!! Hope this is"nt a repeat of 2 years ago!! I used to have the Website where you could check levels & discharge schedules-lost it! Maybe I"m better off not knowing,LOL!!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

You know, Pete, in their infinite wisdom, they'll screw around with it for sure . . . I'm not complaining or anything . . . wade fishing sounds like, uh, fun . . yeah, that's right, :p
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll don't go and get mad at me, but I know where all the water went -
    Pickwick! All summer it's been right at 413 and change, 414 full pool...
    And steady - usually it's up and down like a yo-yo. I've been afraid to
    mention it till now, thought somebody might hear that and go pull the plug :p
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Bottom's Close To The Top

As some of you know I'm a towboat pilot & I run the Tn. River up to Chatt. Tn. I can tell you there ain't no water anywhere! The bottom is close to the top everywhere! I don't think that Ky. Lake held "true" summer pool but about 15 days all summer. The only bright side is that I haven't had my butt chew'n up my chair while I'm try'n to put 15 loads up in Florence Canal while Wilson is running 100,000+ CFS!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    Red, Same thing Here-They"ll have to pump water in to draw it down!!We are way below normal right now!! Hope this is"nt a repeat of 2 years ago!! I used to have the Website where you could check levels & discharge schedules-lost it! Maybe I"m better off not knowing,LOL!!!
    Pete, here is the web site to go if you want to check the lake level and discharge. http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/ just cleick on the dam that you want to look at.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Pete, here is the web site to go if you want to check the lake level and discharge. http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/ just click on the dam that you want to look at.
    Thanks Richard. But I have been using that one for about 12 or so years. Used to be able to call the local number at Pickwick. But the lazy slobs at the dam. Got where they would not update it and then just stopped.
    I check it each day. They even have the next days water release up most days by 1 pm. or 3 pm.
    Richard how long does it take for our water release to effect the lake there?
    Say they open the flood gates here? Does it show up in 8 hours or about when? Always wondered about that.

Hows the fishing going to be there in a week or so?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Pete, here is the web site to go if you want to check the lake level and discharge. http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/ just cleick on the dam that you want to look at.
    Thanks Richard!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Its not long until TVA will start there annual fall draw down of the lakes on the Tn river. But looks like this year they may not get to draw it down. LOL May have to hold water to even get to that point.
    Think that the TVA guys can figure this out ???? Or just drop it the normal amount and let us wade fish the river. LOL
    Pete
    Pete, they usually start draw down here about mid July. We didn't stay at summer pool here very long. I guess with the drought they didn't haveta draw down. It just evaporated. Our water probably in Europe somewhere.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"