Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro Rewards Points

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass Pro Rewards Points

Don't know if anyone posted anything yet, but, I received a notification in the mail along with a "Points Certificate" from Bass Pro. Apparently they are changing their rewards program, and are now sending certificates (which have an expiration date) once you accumulate at least 500 points ($10). If you don't call their 800 # or go online and request to have your account remain the old way, were you could accumulate as many points (dollars) as you wanted before redemption, you are automatically switched. All new rewards participants will not have the choice. I tried the online method, and of course got a "We're Sorry Please call the 800 number" I call the 800 number and get a recording thanking me for calling the rewards line and then nothing but outdoor sounds. I tried calling back a couple of times with the same outcome thank you and then nothing. Finally got po'd and just sat there listening to the outdoor noises and low and behold someone finally answered (several minutes later). It seems to me that they are making it as difficult as possible to keep your account the old way and NOT get the Points Certificate which EXPIRE.

Sorry about the rant, but it kind of got under my skin.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-11-2007 at 06:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't received any info like this and would be interested in seeing anywhere that shows this online if you can reference it here ????

Post Thanks / Like

www.basspro.com/reserve

That is the web site you should be able to choose the old or new way.

Post Thanks / Like

how do you get points anyway? I was on vacations few months ago.went to BPS in Kodak "Sevierville Tn" and bought stuff.Fixing to order some stuff online friday.I have never heard of point stuff myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to www.basspro.com, down the left main selection column under the "From Bass Pro" heading you will see Rewards Points. Click on that and follow instructions.

Post Thanks / Like

If you shop at BPS and DON'T have a card then you are just giving away money so to speak. For every dollar you spend there you get a point. If the product you buy is BPS Line you get 2 points for every dollar you spend. I think then for every 100 points you get $1 credit, so once you had 1000 points you got to spend $10 for free. I didn't know about this new system in place but gettin ready to spend $500 worth of gift cards so I'm gonna make sure I get my account all straight.

I just tried it on-line too and it said call the 800 number.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 09-10-2007 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sending the certificate is something that BPS started about a year ago. I was sort of upset that they were doing it but ASAP called them to change back to the old way. I sure like those points building up. I even will let someone use my rewards card to get their points. My wife likes it real well because close to Christmas we usually make a shopping trip to BPS and she gets some clothes. Since she likes the clothes it is more difficult for her to be upset when I buy something at BPS and accumulate more points.

You get points when you buy at BPS and if you have a BPS credit card you get points for all you charge. If you charge at BPS you sort of double dip. Points from BPS and $$ from the CC.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard about this either. I've tried the internet and phone with no luck.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to the rewards system - we just got our BPS about a year and a half ago, and they've been doing the certificate thing since I signed up. I just got a $30 certificate in the mail that I need to use by the end of October or lose those rewards.

While I'd like it better if I could just accumulate points until I could buy a new boat or something, I understand the reasoning behind doing it the way they are - it gets you into the store more often. Since you have to get in before they expire, you come in more often, and since the $ amount is smaller than it would be if you saved points for a couple years, you are more likely to spend a few additional dollars when you stop in to redeem your points (the bait monkey is good at jumping on your back when you step inside the doors of a BPS)

Even though I would prefer being able to save up rewards for something big - I still like that I get free merchandise simply because I shop there regularly ( or for simply using my BPS Visa card anywhere). Either way, I get stuff for free - you can't beat THAT price!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it is a difference between having just the BPS rewards card and having the Combo Rewards Card+Credit Card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast