Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese TV....Going WORLDWIDE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Japanese TV....Going WORLDWIDE

Hey guys...

Did a TV segment on a Japanese TV Show. The premise of the show was them traveling the Natchez Trace but they stopped in Jackson to fish. THey had a full film crew and the Director and Host were straight from Hong Kong. The guy in the cowboy hat is some pretty big star over there and MAN you want to talk about fishing addict. He had a rod case with 2 poles...Nothing fancy but the rod case you could tell had stickers and stuff from all over the world. In the pic they're at my house eating a load of White Perch...FRIED OF COURSE. They told me it was the best fish they had had and they stay in New Orleans a whole before they even cam to Mississippi. We jugged some and they caught a few nice Blues and we Jigged fish, I had to talk him out of casting with his baitcaster for "Crahippe" and got him on a 12' jig pole and he had it figured out in short order. We only got to fish for about 3 hours as they got into Jax to late to go yesterday afternoon and were on a time sensitive schedule today.

Anyway just thought I would share that I introduced a feller from Japan to vertical jig fishing. He loved every minute of it and he really liked the catfish running with the jugs.

I hope they dub me speaking English with a guy's Voice speaking Japanese. Kinda like the Kung Foo movies or Godzilla.

I don't have any pics of him with is fish as I forgot my camera but rest assured the Director had 3 or 4 and I'll get some pics soon I hope. Should have the DVD by late October.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Man I bet you had a ball filmin that---wish I could have been there
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Were they from Japan or China? Hong Kong is in China I think.
    Good job Sac. Not many crappie overseas. Bet they had a ball.
    Last edited by 1weezer; 09-10-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great time. Congrats
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct Weezer Hong Kong is under China rule.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... excellent international fishing experience! congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Hong Kong...Tokyo...Not much difference...Besides I never thought that Crappie Fishermen would be into Geography.

Thanks everyone for your replies. FUN FUN FUN it was!!!! I would do it again in a second. The hardest part is the second boat...Well I mean I have the second boat for the film crew but during the week hard for someone to take off work to run the 2nd boat. But I usually find someone especially for this one...JUST FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE DUBBED LIKE IN THE KUNG FOO MOVIES...HOPEFULLY I'LL BE SPEAKING JAPANESE AND MY MOUTH WON'T BE MOVING SOME OF THE TIME!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    Hong Kong...Tokyo...Not much difference...Besides I never thought that Crappie Fishermen would be into Geography.
    Well the difference is that China has about 20% of the worlds population - about 1.3 mil and Japan only has about 128 mil. Most of he worlds fishing tackle is manufactured in China, but I don't believe the sport fishing industry for chinese people is huge there yet. They do a lot of commercial fishing and fishing for food though. Japanese on the other hand are rabid about sportfishing and have a crazy tackle industry. If I had to guess I would say they were japanese. On the other hand Honk Kong is China's most progressive city, a bit like Tokyo, so who knows. Interesting though.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

They were from Japan. I used Hong Kong as a generic term. They were from Tokyo. So yes it Japan and YES they have the income to travel the world. Chinese still not as open and willing to do these types of things. Both Cultures are very reserved people. I was very fun...And hope they come back in the spring..

Post Thanks / Like

Ok........I gotta ask, Did they pack a lunch...or...did ya'll go eat the chinese buffet somewhere..??? Do Japanese eat chinese food..??? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast