Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BE CAREFUL NEAR DAMS (Pic)

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation BE CAREFUL NEAR DAMS (Pic)

I am writing to warn others to please be careful near Dams. We went fishing today 9-7-07 on the Warrior River looking for Crappie and Bream. I had boated 35 Brean and Rerdears and my fishing partner and about 45 of them. The water was still to warm for and serious Crappie action so we headed near the dam to fish Rock Bass, Striper and Spotted Bass.

The signs said to stay 600 yards away from the dam. We were about 850 yards away when the sirens sounded and the turbines opened.

I am glad my friend had a 200 hp on his boat. As it is, we rocked and rolled a good five miles away from the dam. As he flew down the lake, he realized that he had not zipped up his soft tackle compartments. A lot of tackle was windswept into the river as we made our hasty retreat from the area.

Moral of the story: Please be careful near dams especially turnine dams on major rivers.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

lost a family of three on a local lake in IL this summer, their new boat ran out of gas and they were washed over a spillway during a storm. a young boy of 9-10 was not found for 10-11 days as he was tangled in all the debri under the overflow

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Family

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa
    lost a family of three on a local lake in IL this summer, their new boat ran out of gas and they were washed over a spillway during a storm. a young boy of 9-10 was not found for 10-11 days as he was tangled in all the debri under the overflow

I am so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. My prayers are with your family. I posted this thread to warn all of us that these are not areas to take lightly. We need to be extra careful in these areas and to always double check our boat plugs.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Ship, they were not my family, they were from about 5o miles away, speaking of checking the boat plug, I did lose a brother in law on May 19th 1981 on the very same lake as the 3 that went over the spillway. he left his plug out and tried to swim to shore instead of grabbing a life jacket