Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discarded Fishing Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Discarded Fishing Line

One of the things that bothers me when I'm fishing is finding someone elses line that they left behind.A few years back PA.Angler magazine had some photos,One was a small bird tangled up in a ball of line.Another was of a gargage bag full of line someone collected from the shore of his favorite lake.Whenever I find line I pick it up and take it with me along with other garbage I pick up.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

Bothers me, too. I always pick it up when I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a whole lot of fun around your prop bearings either.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the old fishing line. It's terrible on the wildlife and the motor. I usually take the prop off my trolling motor and my big motor about twice a year and clean off the fishing line that it has collected.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiechappy
    I agree about the old fishing line. It's terrible on the wildlife and the motor. I usually take the prop off my trolling motor and my big motor about twice a year and clean off the fishing line that it has collected.
    +1. I am often lucky though and get a sweet spinner bait or crankbait when I pull old line. Last time I came accross old line I got one of each within 50 feet of each other.

Post Thanks / Like

im gonna invent biodegradeable fishing line

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, getting hung up and breaking off is just part of it when you're fishing. When I break off and I'm able to get the line out of the lake, I will. When I hang up in someone else's break off and able to get it out of the lake, I do. I guess all we can expect of each other is do what we can when we can. Another issue that falls in the same line (no pun intended) of thinking is when we catch bass on our crappie tops and there's a huge chunk of plastic worm in their stomach or hanging out their anus. Usually, when we find fish like this they are malnurished. I'm not advocating we should stop using plastic worms or even jigs because though there be a few in this sad shape there are many 100's of thousands in the lake that are not.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I always keep the line. etc. as well and discard it when I get home. Really tees me off to see garbage left everywhere too. Nothing but pure laziness

On a side note, you can take your old fishing line to BPS and turn it in to be recycled.

Post Thanks / Like

Some walmarts have boxes to put old fishing line it, just cuz you throw it in the trash dont mean it wont get back in the water. Some places haul trash by train to the coasts where it will then be hauled off shore to be dumped.

Big
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to some landings in Florida that have line recycling cans at the landing. I wish all landings had this. Around here the bush hooks and trot lines left dangling aggrevate me worse than anything. The law states to remove them, but if it is not enforced people won`t follow it. Just like our lenghth and creel limits. Especially at night on Talquin people are taking advantage of a very of our resource.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast