Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The moving brush pile!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking The moving brush pile!

Yesterday after sinking some pvc condos, i was making some trial runs over them with graph and gps to see how good i could locate them. the graph don't show anything so i will have to rely on the gps and hopefully see the fish when they show up. anyway, in the course of making these trial runs, (ya'll put your boots on now), i ran across the biggest brush pile i have ever seen, this quy must have taken ALL of the leftover Christmas trees in town and put them in that one spot. i reached down and grabbed a marker and threw it over my sholder, took a quick glance to see that it was unwinding, and started turning around. when i was back on line with marker i had my gps ready but as i passed by it i didn't see the pile. i said ok i'll make another pass, then another and another. so after 12 or 15 passes, i still couldn't find it. I couldn't imagine not finding it cause it was so big. i had to leave so i went and picked up the marker, when i did it only had 3' of line unrolled and was just floating farther and farther away with each pass i made. i think i will put some heaver weights on my markers from now on. and i'm gonna go back and find that pile for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Love it...I tell everyone that if they don't have good stories then their not fishing.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of a time I found a brush pile. It was big too, so I threw out a marker and drifted away a little as I was rigging my pole. I got everything rigged up and was ready to try out the brush pile, I looked up and my marker was gone! I guess the rope got tangled and it sank. I looked all over for it and it was no where to be seen.