Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sd cards for lowrance ifinder expedition c

Post Thanks / Like

Question sd cards for lowrance ifinder expedition c

Can anyone tell me if the new 4GB sd cards can be used in any of the lowrance gps units? It says they need to be used in devices that are sdhc (high capacity)? Just don't want to buy one if they won't work. I sent an email to lowrance so I should have an answer in about a week or so but thought I would ask here in case someone already tried them. Thanks. Lecty

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not an expert but I thought a SD card is a SD card. I'm running a 1 gig card with with an updated software and a detailed map of Lake O' the Pines (not very big) on it. Figure I can put about a million waypoints on it if I want to.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Might not work. Unit has to be a SDHC host whatever that means.
    http://www.sdcard.org/about/sdhc/
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if it will work or not as it would depend on the memory card file format types that it will recognize. Possibly it could with a software update if there is one available. We (Humminbird) had to modify our software to recognize the new file format of the new SDHC memory cards. If it can use then than I believe the theoretical top end is 32GB for the SDHC format although only up to the 8GB's have been released.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Default well...........

Went and bought one from Best Buy since they said I could bring it back. It did not work so I guess it is not compatable. sure hope they get a software update in the near future so I can get one big enough to put the entire US map from mapcreate on one disk. 8GB would be about perfect I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I must say I was impressed with Lowrance and their quick response by email. They sent me a reply on Labor Day which I didn't think would happen. I didn't however really get a definite yes or no response. I don't know if they even know if they will work or not. Told me the SD cards by san disk have been the best and will handle up to 1GB. Well, I know that's wrong because I have a 2GB card now. Just want something bigger to hold everything on one. I called about another issue and asked them on the phone and they said I might just have to try it and see. Sounds like some will and maybe some won't but I think I will wait and see if they make larger disks that aren't high capacity. I guess I can just keep buying and taking back if they don't work...hehe. Just an fyi. Lecty