Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Accident Waiting For A Place To Happen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accident Waiting For A Place To Happen

Well folks I just wanted to stop by and give you something to laugh at, at my expense. The other day I was mowing the yard and turned my ankle into a hole that wound up tearing some ligaments in my ankle. Well thats just not funny but then yesterday I decided I wanted to go put a battery in the ole Deer feeder and some corn. I got the battery put in and the compartment closed up and set up my 6 foot (I know now NON FAT BOY) ladder. I poured half the bag of corn I got into a bucket. Set it on the paint can platform and climbed all the way to the top, grabbed the bucket of corn and reached it over my head to pour it in. Well you probably allready guessed what happened next. The ladder twisted and dissapeared.
    Well the corn went one way, my glasses went the other and I went the other lol. Do you realize that in your mind it takes approx. 3 minutes to fall 6 foot lol.
    Well I picked up my ladder, unbent it, put the rest of the corn in the bucket and put 1/2 a bag in the deer feeder. Suck it up is what I did lol. Hurt the heck out of my pride but the ground was very soft.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

uh I am gonna send a form for you to fill out for the insurance policy I am gonna take out on ya - I will give your kids a cut when I collect:D
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to know that I am not the only one on here who is gracefull and agile. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about your fall, at least you didn't brake anything. when it rains it pours
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I did that a few years ago using a 5 gallon bucket for a ladder. I only took 27 stiches to close up the cut. The only good thing, it missed a major vessel by a 1/4 ", and no one else was home.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the best thing about the fall is that nobody else saw lol.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4
    Well the best thing about the fall is that nobody else saw lol.
    been my experience that the fall doesn't hurt just the sudden stop at the bottom,,,good thing you wasn't hurt and need help,,,fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I did carry my cell phone with me, which I sometimes get in the habbit of leaving in the truck. I missed the metal fence post with my head by about 3 inches. It hurt that I got to go buy some more corn because I spilled most on the ground lol