Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: `caught a few

Post Thanks / Like

Default `caught a few

went to maple lake in paw paw friday night caught 16 eaters no real size but the wifey wanted fresh fish so i took em home they were slow to hit on minnows but once they decided they wanted it they kept it:D

Post Thanks / Like

dutch:
    I see you are from SW MI - so am I. Not too many of us on this board.
    Do you fish any other SW MI lakes? I go to Baseline several times a year. Crappie aren't big but there are some huge schools and crappie tend to be scattered all over the lake. Trolling with jigs and minnows or plastic.
    I see in the Kazoo Gazette, all three leading crappie in the fish contest have been caught by different people all fishing Pine Lake. Have you fished it?
    The bait shop in Gobles (a nice place) mentioned several good lakes just north of Gobles.

Post Thanks / Like

i get to a number of lakes in the area but i'm kinda shore bound right now.i realy like swan lake and little jeptha, swan lake is a good trolling lake and the crappies aren't always large but you never know what you may get hooked up to bass,pike crappieeven a large(10-12")blue gill. little jeptha is by far one of my favorrite lakes the crappie are hard to find but worth it when you do and there's no shortage of perch to be had while searching for hot spots
    i my self live just north of paw paw so i get aroundkeep in touch we might be able to get out this fall

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch:
    Thanks for the tips on Swan and Jeptha. I'll have to get up there sometime. I had some free time yesterday so I went to Cedar to see what might bite there and ended up with 22 keepers - though not as big as I wanted. A few up to 11 inches but most about 9 1/2 to 10. Lots of small bass - maybe 15 - one 22 inch pike - which was fun on my ultralight.
    Hang in there and keep your stick in the water.
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

sure wish i could we're so busy at work i can't get my honey-do's done in time to get out