Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: placement of pvc condos?

Post Thanks / Like

Default placement of pvc condos?

i'm getting ready to place three very large pvc condos 9' tall by about 8' wide. i debating on where on the channel to place them. there is one spot on the channel that makes a very sharp "v" shape. would it be best to place the structure on the inside of the V, having the channel on both sides, or on the outside of V, on the point. the channel drops down to 35' and the bed above is about 25'. any thoughts from you expert guys.? this is my first attempt putting out pvc's condos.

Post Thanks / Like

On the point, but either will work.

Post Thanks / Like

From my personal experience, and from fishing here in oklahoma, a good depth for brush piles is the tops of them at 10-12 feet. I would say that placing them at 25 feet might be a bit to deep depending on the lake. While I think that location is important, depth is critical.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, on the point is where i'm hearing, so that's where they'll go. the reason so deep is we have caught them that deep before in the winter, and this is to be a winter condo. i'm putting all three out in the same spot so we can take all the grand kids in the barge and they will all have a spot to fish. thanks again. jm