Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Nibble question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Nibble question

Does anyone like to put a nibble on the hook with a minnow? To get that "stinky minnow" effect? I tried it a few times this past weekend and caught fish, but I was also in the middle of a feeding frenzy, so I don't know if it made a difference or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I use them with minnows,it might make a finicky fish bite. I had the same happen to me last weekend as far as the fish biting. It did not matter if a nibble was on. I caught about 50 crappie in 5 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

One time while nitefishing I put down 3 rods baited with minnows and 3 with minnow/nibbles. The ones without nibbles caught all the fish. It was a slow nite either way tho.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

When fishing a jig I like to put a nibble on the hook. I find that the fish will hold the jig in their mouth a little longer when I do. Not much longer but any little bit of time helps.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I do that. It catches fish and helps keep the minnow on the hook. I let my crappie nibbles sit out on the deck in the sun for a while to harden up the skin.

Then I put on a minnow followed by a crappie nibble that slips over the barb and down on the hook to hold the minnow. The combination of smells and the Chartruse color of the nibble helps IMHO. I could be wrong though as I can catch crappie with just a minnow or just a jig and nibble. Differnt days and spots require different tactics IMHO>

Quote Originally Posted by crappster
    Does anyone like to put a nibble on the hook with a minnow? To get that "stinky minnow" effect? I tried it a few times this past weekend and caught fish, but I was also in the middle of a feeding frenzy, so I don't know if it made a difference or not.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't go fishing without them!!

ozz Guest

Default What is a nibble?

This may be a stupid question, but...What is a NIBBLE?

Post Thanks / Like

Berkely PowerBait Crappie Nibbles. They are small, look like tiny marshmallows, and act as a scent and flavor attractant. You can get them at Wal Mart, Kmart, Bass Pro, Cabela's, etc.
    Defensor Fortis