Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amount of fish per person

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amount of fish per person

What amount of fish per person should you serve? Fillets and bone in.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink It depends ...

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine
    What amount of fish per person should you serve? Fillets and bone in.
    on the appetite of the consumers :p (vs the size of the fillets/fish)

If I were "serving" a crowd of people ... I'd say an average of 2 whole fish per person, should be enough. (that would be 4 fillets or 2 "bone in") Some will eat more, some less .. so it should even out. Just be sure and have a lot of "sides", to compliment the meal ... and to help fill the stomachs of those that would consume more than their "fair share"

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CP,

When I get done eating, it looks more like a fish grave yard. I sure hope it doesn't catch up with me!

I can't remember what it was, but I had a lady who ran a fish market tell me once that you need to serve ?'lbs per person. Well, not multiple pounds per person, but you get the drift.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I do a lot of fish fries and like CP said I always figure about 4 pieces of fish per person + all the fixn's (hushpuppies, taters, slaw). I very seldom have any waste. If the filets' are small I'd go with 4.5 pieces per adult. Some will eat more & some will eat less. :D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Fries

I do several fries each year for as many as 20-30 people and I try to make sure that there are fish left no matter how many pieces some may consume. I usually plan on about 5-6 fillets per and have never ran out.
    Left overs make good sandwiches and there will be a few for the guests to take home. Also each guest usually brings a side.
    Joe

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    I do several fries each year for as many as 20-30 people and I try to make sure that there are fish left no matter how many pieces some may consume. I usually plan on about 5-6 fillets per and have never ran out.
    Left overs make good sandwiches and there will be a few for the guests to take home. Also each guest usually brings a side.
    Joe
    Fishnline, I usually count out about the same as Joe. I like having a few pieces left over for the next day too. A side note, dont think that will be enough for just men folk though. They seem to eat ALOT when cooking on the river bank or deer camps. :D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

All I have to do is think bout havin a fish fry and people come out of the wood work, I try to estimate what each person will eat and go by that. This is the south, and by nature we loves us some fried fish. I try to have enough so no1 will be left out, 6 small fillets or 4 larger 1's. I also have back up fillets ready to go in case of extra people, there always seem to be a few stragglers. Every1 brings a side and my mother (Ms Weezer) always does dessert. We like to send out guests home happily miserable.

Big
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I gestimate about 1lb. per individual. taters and slaw take up any slack.

Post Thanks / Like

on average, 1/2lb. per person-fillets, 1/4 lb. french fries, and half as much hush puppies. This is for crowds of 100 or more. If your feeding more men, need to add more fillets, 3/4 to 1 lb.
    Mike
    VICTORY IN JESUS

Post Thanks / Like

I realize this was posted a month and a half ago, but i didn't see it....I eat very small portions of filler material i.e. hush puppies,beans,slaw, and fries...BUT when it comes to fish....that little slant eyed fellow that holds all the world eating records, better watch out !!! I bet I eat a couple of pounds of fillets...then eat a whole fish or two....just because i can LOL .
    Not saying that's the best thing to do, but..... also, My mother, who was a great American poet ( ok, that was a lie ) used to say "you've got a buckskin belly and a rubber a ". wait that last one will get edited....sorry...
    lol....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast