Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: where to find them this time of year

crappiehunter25 Guest

Default where to find them this time of year

I fish a 1,000 acre lake, that is riddled with boats i was wondering if anybody could tell me where they might be hidding?What kind of bait?I dont have a boat so i'm a bank bound fisherman.Is there any way to draw them to me?

thanks in advance,
    JR

Post Thanks / Like

Being bank bound is definitely limiting you. During the warm days of summer the crappie should (notice I said should, nothing's a guarantee) be found in the deeper water of the channels. Though I love to fish with a jig, they don't get fat on plastic, so live bait is always good. The best way to attract crappie is to sink some habitat for them to live in.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default After you do all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    Being bank bound is definitely limiting you. During the warm days of summer the crappie should (notice I said should, nothing's a guarantee) be found in the deeper water of the channels. Though I love to fish with a jig, they don't get fat on plastic, so live bait is always good. The best way to attract crappie is to sink some habitat for them to live in.

After you do all that, you stand at the shoreling point and call them by their name. They have to know who their daddy is. Just say..."Here fishy Fishy."
    ..."Here fishy Fishy." They still will not come to you. Put a few drops of vanilla extract into the water, take your pole and splash the water to imitate a feeding frenzy. Crappipe are curious. The sound and the scent might attract them to your area.

Tip a jig with a wax worm on a hair jig fly or tip a jig with a minnow too.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You might try fishing at night with a lantern near the water. Try to find a place where the depth drops off rapidly close to the bank. The light will draw baitfish and the crappie will follow.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shade counts too!

Just like finding Crappie under docks, etc., available shade from trees, rock bluffs, etc. near deeper water often produces better than sunny spots. You may find morning spots and evening spots accordingly.
    "You ain't holdin' your mouth right! Did ya spit on your hook?"
    Grandpa