Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird SI questions

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird SI questions

What is the biggest chip you can put in for recording?

How many hours will it record?

Now for the biggie. You are out tolling around recording everything and later when reviewing you see a great crappie condo about 230 ft out. I'm assuming you can put your cursor on it and get the coordinates. Do you put it on the top of it or the bottom? How accurate is it? Does the system do some oblique rectification computations so you can determine the size?

This stuff reminds me of SLAR. Side Looking Airborne Radar developed during the Nam era.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    What is the biggest chip you can put in for recording?

How many hours will it record?

Now for the biggie. You are out tolling around recording everything and later when reviewing you see a great crappie condo about 230 ft out. I'm assuming you can put your cursor on it and get the coordinates. Do you put it on the top of it or the bottom? How accurate is it? Does the system do some oblique rectification computations so you can determine the size?

This stuff reminds me of SLAR. Side Looking Airborne Radar developed during the Nam era.
    F111 maybe?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    F111 maybe?
    Probably. We got the film from the Air Farce er Force.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Probably. We got the film from the Air Farce er Force.
    Air France......:p We gonna get in trouble here..:D

F111. McNamaras ploy. Bout like our combat boots he wanted to issue. One size fits all. I always had doubts about his genius.

I think the F18 what he really was trying to achieve, except Air France didn't like it...:D :D

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I haven't recorded video with mine yet. Just snapshots. But you are welcome to come up here and I will take you for a ride on the lake or river to show you what little I know.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Now for the biggie. You are out tolling around recording everything and later when reviewing you see a great crappie condo about 230 ft out. I'm assuming you can put your cursor on it and get the coordinates. Do you put it on the top of it or the bottom? How accurate is it?

Yes you can do this even at home, 200 miles away and it will mark the correct spot. I would mark the bottom, it may not get the exact spot but will get you pretty close.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

There were changes in the software a few versions ago that should allow you to use the newer 32GB cards that will be coming out sometime in the future (if they are not already out). The largest card size I have heard used so far has been the 4GB SD cards from San Disk and Lexar. Not sure how many hours of recording time that would give you.
    You can Mark Waypoints when viewing the recorded sonar data - just as if you were on your boat at the time it was recorded. Move the cusor over and hit the Mark button its that simple. I would Mark them where the structure contacts the bottom for the best accuracy.

F111's?
    F18's??

"oblique rectification"
    Can he say that on this board? LOL! I don't know what you said but I also don't know what they use.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg
    There were changes in the software a few versions ago that should allow you to use the newer 32GB cards that will be coming out sometime in the future (if they are not already out). The largest card size I have heard used so far has been the 4GB SD cards from San Disk and Lexar. Not sure how many hours of recording time that would give you.
    You can Mark Waypoints when viewing the recorded sonar data - just as if you were on your boat at the time it was recorded. Move the cusor over and hit the Mark button its that simple. I would Mark them where the structure contacts the bottom for the best accuracy.

F111's?
    F18's??

"oblique rectification"
    Can he say that on this board? LOL! I don't know what you said but I also don't know what they use.
    Thanks Greg. Did I read somewhere you can't view the recording on your PC?

F111 and F18 are jet fighters. Oblique rectification is a mathematical process for determining the size of something on an oblique photograph. (like the view you see on the SI) We used it when working with aerial photography back in my Navy days.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Greg. Did I read somewhere you can't view the recording on your PC?

F111 and F18 are jet fighters. Oblique rectification is a mathematical process for determining the size of something on an oblique photograph. (like the view you see on the SI) We used it when working with aerial photography back in my Navy days.
    Did I read somewhere you can't view the recording on your PC?

Yep. This is my gripe. I just used a lot of words to get to this point.
    Seems senseless to have to sit in your boat and view records, but that the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Did I read somewhere you can't view the recording on your PC?

Yep. This is my gripe. I just used a lot of words to get to this point.
    Seems senseless to have to sit in your boat and view records, but that the way it is.
    I thought that is what you were saying. I'll keep my Lowrance until they get that fixed. I can record almost 40 hours and view it on my puter to get any coordinates I want.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast