Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arkabutla Lake?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkabutla Lake?

Went by this lake in Ms on the way back up from visiting my cousin in Ruleville Ms. Anyone ever fish here? Nice lake.

Honey and I took the "scenic route" home. Went through a town called Crenshaw, Ms. Looked like something out of Deliverance. It was really rough looking. Sad to see this in the US. No reason for these conditions in this country.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Canepole, got a buddy who pre fished sun and caught 17 good ones. He said they are all the same size in the lake but alot of his honey holes are 30 yds on bank. so ms is cursed with no rain too. Looking foward to hittin big sandy this fall after, hopefully bustin a couple of deer.
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yessir I used to wade there all the time. Been a few years now fishing there. You get deep in the delta and sure nuf see some poverty.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom,
    This is one of the best lakes in the country for BIG crappie. I think it was 5 years ago, DNR shocked up a 6 pound crappie and also a 5.75 pound crappie. Both world records. They would not say where these fish were shocked up. Just that they were in this lake. I have not fished this lake in several years, but when I was fishing it, always caught very big fish.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DTG
    Canepole, got a buddy who pre fished sun and caught 17 good ones. He said they are all the same size in the lake but alot of his honey holes are 30 yds on bank. so ms is cursed with no rain too. Looking foward to hittin big sandy this fall after, hopefully bustin a couple of deer.
    Watch the deer. I understand Blue Tongue disease is bad this year because of the drought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Tom,
    This is one of the best lakes in the country for BIG crappie. I think it was 5 years ago, DNR shocked up a 6 pound crappie and also a 5.75 pound crappie. Both world records. They would not say where these fish were shocked up. Just that they were in this lake. I have not fished this lake in several years, but when I was fishing it, always caught very big fish.
    Sounds good.

I stopped by to visit with you the other day. Sign said be back at 3pm. I didn't make it. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics posted on the LA board that came from Arkabutla.
    My parents live about 15 min from it, and I have never even fished it....

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=45878