Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eastfork almost shut down

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastfork almost shut down

Eastfork is below winter pool just to let everyone know Afton ramp is closed you cant even get to the ramp its to low. everywhere else is still open I think. Be careful out there.

Bubba
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looks bad but...

I think it has a way to go before it's shut down.

I believe the dam ramp is the deepest. As Bubba said be careful out there, there will be lots of surprises for the more careless ones. Theres an old gravel parking lot past the dam ramp (towards the dam) that could be a problem if the water keeps dropping. However if you use some common sense, all should be okay.

Post Thanks / Like

eastfork shuting down was an exaggeration lol!
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

ya had me worried, I thought I may have to stay home and work around the house this week end.

Post Thanks / Like

The low water has its advantages. Keeps alot of the pleasure boaters off the lake. I live a couple minutes from the dam ramp and it is definitely open. The thing that stinks is you can't get onto the dock without a ladder, and there is no water in front or to one side of it anyway. I'm used to it since I fish over there alot in the winter. I just bank the boat on the left of the ramp. To those who aren't real familiar with East Fork, watch yourselves. There are places that look like they would be free of trees that aren't right now, especially near the mouths of coves. And be careful not to bottom out. The flats around the beaches are really getting shallow, as well as some points that are usually pretty deep. If you have a topo map, just subtract about 8 feet from your depths. Yes, it is really that low. But I'll still be getting out in the morning for a few hours.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html

Here's a link to the water levels. I'll get there later today. Lately it appears to be losing about 1/10' each day. I don't think there is any real rain in the forecast.

Post Thanks / Like

I went this morning, just a little looking around and prefishing for tomorrow. There was a decent amount of boat trafic considering the low water levels and half dry ramps. If ever there was a time to get a good look at the submerged over, this is it. I thought I knew the lake and cover pretty well. I don't know a quarter of what's actually there. Pretty amazing.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I went this evening for a few hours. Fishing was slow but I spent alot of time just looking. Now I just wish my memory was better:p

Post Thanks / Like

If the lake is so low why are they still pumping out water from the damn.has anyone ben up to stonelick

Post Thanks / Like

Even though a lake has been created by the Arny Corp of Eng., they cannot block the "normal" stream flow. At a minimum, they have to let out at least as much water as what coming in. In times of heavy rain the lake fills, and no rain, it empties. If they completely cut the flow, any thing below the damn would dry up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast