Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Cadillac............u?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cadillac............u?

Anybody ever use the b&m cadillac telescoping 14 ft rod with that cheap looking made in the handle?How do they work?pro's and con's please.Looking for a cheap way to try spider rigging nad see if i like before spending a bundle.will that little spool lock and not let line pull off when you catch a fish?
    any and all comment or advice appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Crappie Combo.Pole

Hello Sam1, I bought three of the cad. crappie combo from bass pro shop last christmas. Two for gifts and one for myself. I realy do enjoy using the pole, It is nice. The reel works well and the handle locks in place once you have the right amount of line out. I like the line running up the center of the pole. One problem tho, If you lose all the line off the reel it is a real pain to get new line back down the center of the pole. they give you some fine wire to do this with, but take a nerve pill before you start. The way to do it is to tie new line onto a piece of old line before you lose it all off the reel and pull it through the pole and you got it made, Otherwise it is a pain. Hope this helps. Good Fishing! Jimmy S.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one but it seems like the reel part would be a pain to get in and out of a rod holder. Otherwise I really like the pole. I mainy use mine for fishing minnows with a float around shallow stumps in the spring never put it in a rod holder.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cussed it.....

I got one 6-7 years ago for Christmas. Used it twice (first time and the last time). It is now a garage ornament. Another good idea that sucked. Who needs the hastle of threading a line thru a pole with a wire through a little hole in a rocking boat? haha...Anyone who wants one, I have one for the rite price...Come get it.....................
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have used similar poles and another problem can be the tip breaking off. But, they are cost effective and I use mine quite a bit.