Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long Term Care Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Term Care Insurance

My wife and I are trying to educate ourselves on long term care insurance. Individuals with knowledge about this aspect of insurance, we would appreciate being educated on the pro's and con's and the do and dont's on what to look for and what to purchase. Think we and perhaps others could be educated by those with knowledge.

Her Mom has been in the hospital several months so we have seen the need for this. The question is for our benefit for the future.

Thanks for your help,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

I used to sell insurance but cannot really help you at this time except to say that the younger you are when you get it the more reasonable the premiums. I hope that there are insurance agents out there who can help you to sort out all the options, benefits and pitfalls.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ranger. Several members might benefit from any information. I am looking for pitfalls to avoid, are there better companies to purchase from rather than your standard State Farm, Allstate, etc.
    Any advice on how to reduce premiums??

Any ideas or comments and you wish not to put them on the forum, please email me:

[email protected]

Regards,
    Ron, Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good post in my opinion, I hope we get some good answers Im also intrested, others may think about it, the touble we have experienced with my inlaws health has made us more aware of what can happen

Post Thanks / Like

looking also,,,former company just sent a letter to all retires stating the they will no longer furnish health ins(dirty#%@&ards)have heard that aarp has some decent ins but don't know until it's checked out---fuzz
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

It would be almost impossible for me to educate one on here for Long Term Care.
    You get the bare policy then add the extras. The laws also differ in different states. My suggestion would be go to the book store and purchase, called "Long Term Care your financial planning guide" by Phyllis Shelton. This lady is probably the best in the nation, because she has helped several companies set up Long Term Care Plans.

Post Thanks / Like

Those interested in Long Term. I received several emails with great information. The info is not filled with a sales pitch. If you would like to look at what I received, you can email me and I will send what was sent to me.

[email protected]

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber