Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Guide

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Crappie Guide

I am already planning a fall get away for some serious crappie fishing. If you are a guide please answer a few questions publically so that not only myself, but others might know what you have to offer.

1) How much do you charge per person / per day?
    2) What do you furnish?
    3) Will you expect a tip if the trip is unsuccessful?
    4) Do you fillet, clean, and pack the Crappies I catch on ice for a safe trip home?
    5) What is the average size Crappie in your waters?
    6) Do you make the hotel accomodations also?
    7) What other family activities and attractions are in your area?

If I don't choose you for the Fall trip then at least I'll have the information already for my Spring trip.

Thanks
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 08-29-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

1) How much do you charge per person / per day? $250.00 for a Half-day and $375.00 for a Full-day
    2) What do you furnish? I provide everything but your fishing license. A non-resident 3-day is only $11.00
    3) Will you expect a tip if the trip is unsuccessful? Tips are always at the client's option.
    4) Do you fillet, clean, and pack the Crappies I catch on ice for a safe trip home? Yes, I fillet and package your fish, bring your cooler.
    5) What is the average size Crappie in your waters? I would say 12" is probably the average size. The number of crappie in the 14-16" range seem to be increasing each year. Five in the 17" range were caught this last spring.
    6) Do you make the hotel accomodations also? Not usually but that can be arranged if needed. Lodging links can also be found on my website. I also rent a 32' RV to my clients, details on my website.
    7) What other family activities and attractions are in your area? Hot Springs, Arkansas is a tourist town so other activities are plentiful. For more details click on the Hot Springs logo on my website.

More information and a bookings calendar can be found on my website. The link is below in my sig.
    Last edited by Darryl Morris; 08-29-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default guide trip

Shipahoy41, check your private messages. I sent you one on guide services.
    If you did not get it send me a message back and I will send another one.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss Lake Guide Trips

This is what we offer on Weiss Lake in Northeast Alabama. I hope this information will help you out...

1) How much do you charge per person / per day? Our rates are $200 for a Half-Day trip and $250 for a Full-Day trip. The Half-Day is 4 hours on the water and the Full-Day is 8 hours on the water or until you have your limit which is 30 per person, per day and all must be at least 10 inches in lenght.

2) What do you furnish? I furnish everything you will need for your trip except your Alabama Fishing License, your food & drinks, and the customer also has to pay for any live bait that might be used on the trip.

3) Will you expect a tip if the trip is unsuccessful? I provide my services for the rates I listed above and never just expect a tip! That is left up to the customer...if he gives me a tip that is totally up to them, it is greatly appreciated but NEVER expected!

4) Do you fillet, clean, and pack the crappies I catch on ice for a safe trip home? I do offer cleaning services and will fillet and package your catch for you...but it is not included in the price of the trip. I charge a little extra to do this.

5) What is the average size Crappie in your waters? All of our crappie have to be at least 10 inches to keep but I guess the average would probably be around 11 inches. It is not uncommon to catch crappie in the 13-16 inch range on our lake. The 2 and 3 pound fish are caught every year!

6) Do you make hotel accomodations? Most of the time this is done by the customer, but I can assist them in getting their lodging arranged. I have deals worked out with some of the motels and resorts in the area that will offer discounted rates to my customers.

7) What other family activities and attractions are in your area? We are located in a rural area but we offer a lot of outdoor activities for you to enjoy. We have canoeing & kayaking on the creeks. You can climb the large rock formations at Cherokee Rock Village or spend an afternoon swimming, hiking and picnicking at the Little River Canyon Mouth Park. The Little River Canyon National Preserve is here, as well as numerous civil war historical sites.

Here is a link so you can see some of the fish that we have caught this year!

http://www.weisslakecrappieguides.com/pictures.html

I hope this information will help you out! Good Luck on your next crappie trip and I hope you catch a limit...See Ya' on the Water!

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    www.weisslakecrappieguides.com
    Last edited by Darrell Baker; 08-30-2007 at 07:41 AM.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. The wife now has an idea so she can plan our Spring and summer vacations. I have bookmarked your websites. Weiss and Kentucky Lake are on my hot list.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're thinking about Weiss Lake, I highly recommend checking this site out.

http://www.weisslakeguides.com/

Kelly Matthews will definitely put you on some fish. The rates are $200 for half-day, and $250 for a full-day. He has references and provides everything you need for any technique including spider-rigging and long line trolling. Check out his site to answer all your questions you may have, or you can e-mail him.
    Last edited by Crappie Chaser; 08-30-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Browns Beat The Bears

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chaser
    If you're thinking about Weiss Lake, I highly recommend checking this site out.

http://www.weisslakeguides.com/

Kelly Matthews will definitely put you on some fish. The rates are $200 for half-day, and $250 for a full-day. He has references and provides everything you need for any technique including spider-rigging and long line trolling. Check out his site to answer all your questions you may have, or you can e-mail him.

Thanks Crappie Chaser. I have bookmarked them also. The Browns looked good in pre season. BRING ON THOSE STEELERS!:D :D :D :D We will beat up on them like I beat up on the Crappies.:D :D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Ship, Guess I"m cheap: I charge 150.00 per day-100 per half. I furnish everything but license,I fillet,vacum,& freeze your fish.Tips are optional -NOT REQUIRED.Keepers are 10" min. with many 12 to14 inch fish.2-2 1/2 lbers. caught reguarly. Motels are close,usually clients get their own . There are 2 rental cabins here in camp:ac/ satelite tv,2 double beds,kitchen,ect,everything but food and your clothes-56.00 per night that I can reserve. We have swimming,hiking,kayaking,craft stores,dam tours,ect. Dennis www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Affordable

Quote Originally Posted by DENNIS BOWERS
    Ship, Guess I"m cheap: I charge 150.00 per day-100 per half. I furnish everything but license,I fillet,vacum,& freeze your fish.Tips are optional -NOT REQUIRED.Keepers are 10" min. with many 12 to14 inch fish.2-2 1/2 lbers. caught reguarly. Motels are close,usually clients get their own . There are 2 rental cabins here in camp:ac/ satelite tv,2 double beds,kitchen,ect,everything but food and your clothes-56.00 per night that I can reserve. We have swimming,hiking,kayaking,craft stores,dam tours,ect. Dennis www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Hey Dennis,

You're not cheap. You are most definitely affordable on my retirement income. We definitely like your rates. Tennessee is not that far away either. I am also bookmarking your website for a getaway trip. How much advance notice do you need?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guided crappie trip

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41
    I am already planning a fall get away for some serious crappie fishing. If you are a guide please answer a few questions publically so that not only myself, but others might know what you have to offer.

1) How much do you charge per person / per day
    2) What do you furnish?
    3) Will you expect a tip if the trip is unsuccessful?
    4) Do you fillet, clean, and pack the Crappies I catch on ice for a safe trip home?
    5) What is the average size Crappie in your waters?
    6) Do you make the hotel accomodations also?
    7) What other family activities and attractions are in your area?

If I don't choose you for the Fall trip then at least I'll have the information already for my Spring trip.

Thanks

1) How much do you charge per person / per day?.The cost is $250 for up to two people for a full day. After January 1st the cost will be $275
    2) What do you furnish?I furnish every thing except your eats and drinks and your license
    3) Will you expect a tip if the trip is unsuccessful?A tip is fully up to the customer. Tips are not expected but greatly appriciated
    4) Do you fillet, clean, and pack the Crappies I catch on ice for a safe trip home?I can clean the fish but that is not included in the price of the trip
    5) What is the average size Crappie in your waters? I would say that the average size of the crappie here on Kentucky Lake is between one to one and a quarter pounds in the spring. A little bigger in the fall.
    6) Do you make the hotel accomodations also? The customer would need to make their motel reservations
    7) What other family activities and attractions are in your area? Lots of other things to do in the area.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast