Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another religious question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another religious question

If we believe that God created all things, and that one of God's creations, Man, sinned, and that God through his endless love decided to provide Man with a salvation plan and since our first parents fall, Man has been going down the path of salvation would God allow aliens from another planet who may or may not have sinned visit our planet and mix with a race that has sinned?
    Suppose they have not sinned? And if they did did God give them the same salvation plan as the one he gave us? This is kind of far out there but it is the reason that I do not believe in UFO's. I do not believe that God would allow us to mix.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris, you OK?!

All I know is that I believe in God..Not sure about the aliens though!! :D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have what your drinkin
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If God created the aliens as well, they are His children and therefore would have His blessing here and interacting with us in all ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Who do you think the 'Sons of God " were in Genesis chapter 6. ?

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon, I'am with you.
    The earth is sick with a diease called sin, and is closed from the universe, I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    Who do you think the 'Sons of God " were in Genesis chapter 6. ?
    Aliens? That's a new one on me.

The sons of God were from the Godly line of Seth (Adams third son), the daughters of men were from the cursed line of Cain (remember, he killed Able and was cursed). When they interbred, the lineage became so corrupted by a downword and ever worsening spiral of sin and violence that God decided to destory the world in a flood.

The Godly not intermarrying the ungoldy is an idea enforced from the old testament through the new testament. Jesus even told us not to be unequally yoked.

I believe our planet is the only Eden God made. I've never seen any true evidence of aliens other than the border crossing kind.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

The bible mentions what I believe to be aliens. It mentions the nephilim. The King James version translated this word as giants , but the actual hebrew definition is "those who came down". I am not a scholar but my wife is into it full time. She pointed this out to me and if I am not mistaken this race of "giants" did mix with humans. This is from memory , does anyone else know what I am talking about? She has a bible that has hebrew translations of words in the back of it and thats where she found the word translated to what I have told you today.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

nephelim means "causing to fall" or "fallen". In Christian circles, fallen means to sin grievously, the near opposite of repentance. The word is also used to describe a name of the tribe of Cainanites, evidentally a tribe of large mean ones. In Numbers, they Nation of Isreal came to the promise land, but refused to enter because they were scared of the Nephalim (giants) in the land.

There are two camps on this scripture: one contends Nephalim are of the line of Cain (daughters of men) and intermarried with the line of Seth (sons of God), the other believes that the Nephalim are the offspring of angels that sinned by lusting after the daughters of men.

My understanding is that angels are spirit beings, are neither male nor female, and are unable to physically father children or marry.
    Last edited by Bowfin; 08-29-2007 at 09:25 AM.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like what most are asking in a round about way "Is there life out there'? Who's to say that God didn't create life elsewhere? I firmly believe that there is life out there somewhere. Consider the fact there are millions upon millions of stars in our galaxy and then there are millions upon millions of galaxies. Lets face it, the odds are very, very good that there are. Now whether they are Vulcans or Asgard type, another words very advanced, I don't know. Have they visited us? I don't know but I'd like to know. First thing that comes to mind is how do you explain the spaceship type drawings and the little gray men drawings found in caves and drawn by cavemen? Its got to make you wonder.

Isn't it entirely possible that we may be God's 100th or even millionth try at creating a race that would stay faithful to him? Unfortunately no one can possibly know for certain.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast