Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Keel Shield or Keel Guard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Installing Keel Shield or Keel Guard

Has anyone installed one of these products on their boat theirselves? I was wondering how difficult it was to install. Any advice or problems? Thanks
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.

Post Thanks / Like

not hard at all. take about 15 min
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how you like it. I was thinking of one myself.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Very easy to do. Just make sure to do the prep work right. I put a Keelshield on mine last year and it still looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

I put one on my boat per instructions and it dam near turned the boat over when it tore and came loose on one side. Go out and buy a can of truck bed liner coating. You won't be sorry. And the liner material is a lot cheaper. I sent my Keelshield back to them in pieces for a refund and got it. I have also read stories of others that came loose. One guy was running 75 m.p.h. when his did. It put the boat 20 feet up a bank.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keelshield

Ricky, The Keelshield is very easy to install. You do need a minimum of 70 degrees to insure a good adhesive. I have been running Keelshields on all my boats for about 8 years now and I have never once had any problem. I am a member of the Keelshield pro staff and I will be happy to assist you or anyone with the purchase of a Keelshield. I may be able to save you a few dollars, just let me know.

Bill Braswell
    Team Keelshield/Triton

Post Thanks / Like

i like mine it keeps me from twisting the sh#^ OUT OF MY ANKLE TRING TO GET IN THE BOAT FROM RIP RAP NEXT TO RAMP
    FISH-ON!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdant
    I put one on my boat per instructions and it dam near turned the boat over when it tore and came loose on one side. Go out and buy a can of truck bed liner coating. You won't be sorry. And the liner material is a lot cheaper. I sent my Keelshield back to them in pieces for a refund and got it. I have also read stories of others that came loose. One guy was running 75 m.p.h. when his did. It put the boat 20 feet up a bank.
    WOW never thought about the Bed liner stuff. A quart will do both of my boats. I will sure try it out as soon as I get where I can. And then post the before and after pictures.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

No problem w/ my Keel Shield. Installed it by myself on a 95 degree day. Mighta been a lil easier if I had another set of hands though.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Definately go with the Keelshield

We installed a Keelshield on one of our test boats a few years back and it’s a good thing that we did. The Keelshield was easy to put on and is tough as their logos back (I know this as my father-in-law used to catch ‘Gators for the state of Georgia). The only problem I have seen is that it does not extend all the up the keel to the tip of the bow (should have gotten a longer one) but that was our fault and not Keelshield’s. We have all sorts of people who drive these boats and some should never be allowed behind the wheel. It has stood up to almost three years so far of these ‘very knowledgeable people’ driving the boat up on gravel, rocks and sometimes missing the trailer… We had the truck bed liner professionally applied to another boat before this and some of these folks managed to tear it off in chunks within six months. Keelshield installation was easy, follow all of the directions and make sure and prep that hull.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast