Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Social Security Needs Help

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Social Security Needs Help

When George Bush became President he tried to get congress to pass a bill where part of your SS could be invested privately. Congress would not here of it.
    Now with the new election coming up, no one wants to talk about SS. In my business I have to attend classed concerning SS and at all of the schools, we are told that if something is not done quick, SS will go broke. No politician wants to talk about this because it is a snake with a head on both ends. They know they will get bit. Taxes will have to be raised a lot and or benefits cut a lot, all because congress has placed IOU'S in the place of our tax money. Now all of the candidates want to provide everyone with free health care, but none of them will talk about where the money will come from. Congress has their own retirement program and I would wager that they have not put any IOU's in their plan. I think everyone should contact their congressperson and senator and demand that they fix SS now.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Message Wefish. Glad To See Some Nc Folks Concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the answer but I have been hearing SS was going broke since I was in primary school many years ago - and it may be - but its been growing broke for at least 40 years
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There's always been plenty of money in the system while the baby boomers have been working. Now that they have begun to retire, SS will really be stressed.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason is at first a person paid SS Taxes on the first $15,000.00 that they made, now it has grown to a higher rate and is paid on the first $97,500 that a person makes. Don't know what anyone makes but can assure you that more people make less, than more and the benefits have been and are being cut. I received a report on my personal SS in June, it states in the letter from SS that the present tax rate will only pay 74% of the scheduled benefits in a few years. Each person cannot start drawing SS full benefits until an older age. My personal being 66 and the younger a person is, the older they must be to start drawing. Any way you look at it, those are cuts.I wish everyone would take a look at their report, when it comes and they can see what is happening when so many hands are pulling out that have contributed anything. What the politicians don't want to talk about is the baby boomers going on the SS rolls there will be less than 1 person working for 1 person drawing SS. This is scary!

Post Thanks / Like

My feeling is that if we get the leeches off the system there will be plenty to go around. Get illegals off welfare, medicare, SS, etc. It should be if you don't pay in, you don't draw out. How is it that illegals can get a driver's license, welfare, healthcare, etc and honest folks can't get squat? I have seen illegals get a driver's license with no documentation at all. My kid goes to get one and she needs her birth certificate, SS card and learner permit. I say any and all governtment aid forms should be in ENGLISH. If you cannot provide proof that you are a citizen, you get nothing. Period. No healthcare, no driver's license, no business license, no food stamps, etc. Get legal or get out of MY country. Go home, learn OUR language and OUR way of life, then come on back and EARN your citizenship. You don't like it? Stay in YOUR country.