Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Do I Find College Grants

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where Do I Find College Grants

My Oldest Daughter will be a Senior in High School this year and is very interested in becoming an RN (Registered Nurse) I am 100% Service Connected Dissabled so we are Very Fortunate on that since she will be elligable for Chapter 35 Benefits which will pay approx. $850.00 a month to go to college on but also I need help on where I can apply for College Grants at? We are hoping that she will be able to concentrate totally on her college. The $850.00 a month will help a lot but that will not be enough to pay 100% of the dorm, eating, and college fees. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. This site is full of the most helpfull and caring people that I have ever seen and I feel you are all family. I know someone out here has info.

God Bless
    Gordon
    AKA Father of 4
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4
    My Oldest Daughter will be a Senior in High School this year and is very interested in becoming an RN (Registered Nurse) I am 100% Service Connected Dissabled so we are Very Fortunate on that since she will be elligable for Chapter 35 Benefits which will pay approx. $850.00 a month to go to college on but also I need help on where I can apply for College Grants at? We are hoping that she will be able to concentrate totally on her college. The $850.00 a month will help a lot but that will not be enough to pay 100% of the dorm, eating, and college fees. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated. This site is full of the most helpfull and caring people that I have ever seen and I feel you are all family. I know someone out here has info.

God Bless
    Gordon
    AKA Father of 4
    The school student counselor should be working with you daughter right now.
    Check with the counselor. Push it.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. School starts tomorrow and I will get with her. The problem is, our small school. Not sure if they know as much as I do and I dont know nothing lol
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if they still do it or not, but back when I went to nursing school some hospitals would "sponsor" you.
    Essentially they paid a pretty hefty part of the tuition and books. In return, you agreed to work for them for a certain number of years after graduation. If, for some reason, you didn't become an RN, it became a sort of student loan. My plan also had an opt out deal where you could just pay it back if you chose not to work for them.
    I did this. The hospital I went to work for when I graduated and passed boards paid the entire amount in full. I had no loan. I didn't even end up working for the sponsoring hospital. I wouldn't count on that happening, it just worked out for me.

Tell your daughter to check with hospitals in your area. I know for a fact that the nursing shortage is as bad now as it was when I was in school.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by father of 4
    Thank you. School starts tomorrow and I will get with her. The problem is, our small school. Not sure if they know as much as I do and I dont know nothing lol

Lot of the grants are based on ability to pay. Mention the Pell Grant to the counselor. It is no repay. Also, there are lots of academic grants available.

Nursing is an excellent choice. There is a great demand for skilled nurses and the need/demand for skilled nurses will continue to increase, especially in the Home Health area.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. She wants to start school at South Plains College in Levelland Texas, then Transfer to Texas Tech University. Texas Tech has a hospital which is called University Medical Center so they may help I will check.

Post Thanks / Like

They still sponsor some students Puller.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cfnc.org/Gateway?command=...ional=no&id=24

we have this in NC you may have something simular in Texas
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Try this place.

http://www.fedmoney.org/
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast