Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reply from Lowrance

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reply from Lowrance

I asked Lowrance what was the difference between MapCreate 6 3 and 7 0, the difference between Fishing Hot Spots Elite and Pro. I also asked if they had any plans for a side scan sonar like Humminbird’s. As you can see they didn’t tell me much. It does look like MapCreate 7 0 has more detail but whether or not its as much detail as the Fishing Hot Spots card, I don’t know Also they didn’t even address that question about the cards. The answer about side scan is canned I’ve seen it before. Here is their response.

Thank you for your inquiry.

MapCreate USA 6.3 CD-ROM software delivers U.S. state mapping detail that covers rivers, lakes, tributaries, Great Lakes, coastal waters and shorelines, marine navigation aids plus interstate/federal/state highways, city streets, rural roads, cities, towns, railroads, key landmarks and more. Series 6.3 USA also includes 2,000,000 POIs. International mapping data covers cities and towns, political borders, major highways, rivers, canals, lakes, tributaries, coastal waters and shorelines.

The all-new Series 7 can select features based on your planned activity (boating, hunting, driving, aviation, and more), or you can customize the selected features to your taste. Cut out maps from our high-detailed mapping database full of POIs and land/water detail. Integrates land-based topographical data with U.S. state mapping detail and includes 2,000,000 POIs, 3,000 lakes with depth contours, a hunting specific database, and much more.

We appreciate your interest in our products. Please understand, research, design, and development of new products is an ongoing process. During new product design, we try to take advantage of every opportunity to improve the form, functions, and features of emerging product models. Due to the changing nature of models during the design and development phase, any information we could provide at this point would be premature. All new update, product information, and availability will first be seen on our website at www.lowrance.com.

Please feel free to contact us if we may be of further assistance.

We do hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us if we may be of further assistance.
    Thank you for choosing Lowrance and Eagle Electronics.

Lowrance/Eagle Electronics
    Customer Service and Technical Support
    12000 E. Skelly Dr.
    Tulsa, OK 74128

Lowrance Customer Service: 1-800-324-1356
    Lowrance website: < http://www.lowrance.com/>
    Eagle Customer Service: 1-800-324-1354
    Eagle website: <http://www.eaglesonar.com/>

LEI Extras: Parts & Accessories 1-800-324-0045
    online at < http://www.lei-extras.com/>
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A generic response letter. Such great customer relations. I believe they (manuf's) use the same letter form. Probably get the same form at Kinkos.

All they want from us is our money, not our suggestions, or complaints, etc.

I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    A generic response letter. Such great customer relations. I believe they (manuf's) use the same letter form. Probably get the same form at Kinkos.

All they want from us is our money, not our suggestions, or complaints, etc.

I might be wrong, but I doubt it.
    Us retired folk can be wrong once in a while. Its hard tho, I really have to work at it.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance probably gets so many emails a day that they have no choice but to send generic emails.

You can talk to almost anyone that has any experience with their customer service & they will tell you that their c/s is top notch!

I just got a 332C replaced for the cost of shipping. It is 3 years old & is definately NOT under warranty. I called them up & gave them the serial number & they issued me an RA# & sent me a new one...then I threw my bad one back in the box & sent it back to them...no hassle at all.

Word of advice to anyone having problems...call them rather than e-mail. You may hold awhile but once you get a tech on the phone they will bend over backwards to help you, at least that has been my experience. I had problems hooking up the 332C with GPS correctly & spent about 20 minutes on the phone with them while they told me exactly how to wire everything up.