Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talquin

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Talquin

Fished Talquin Sat, Sun and Monday morning,fishing was slow kept 30 nice slabs, fished deep water 17-30 ft no apparent jig color but I think we caught more on the darker jigs and they seemed to bite better the first 2 hours of the day then they shut off. Fished many different locations trying to get out of the wind. I'll go back in a couple weeks surface water temp was 58-61 in the middle of the day.

scottyphillips Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mudmac
    Fished Talquin Sat, Sun and Monday morning,fishing was slow kept 30 nice slabs, fished deep water 17-30 ft no apparent jig color but I think we caught more on the darker jigs and they seemed to bite better the first 2 hours of the day then they shut off. Fished many different locations trying to get out of the wind. I'll go back in a couple weeks surface water temp was 58-61 in the middle of the day.

Mudmac: Was there Monday also. Put in at Halls landing. Caught 6 fish all in deep water. The wind was hell! Hopefully the water will start to warm-up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scottyphillips
    Mudmac: Was there Monday also. Put in at Halls landing. Caught 6 fish all in deep water. The wind was hell! Hopefully the water will start to warm-up!

It was tough conditions that's for sure, I did alot better at West Point in Ga this past weekend. See my post on Ga broad if you like. I can't wait to go back to Talquin though, keep me inform when it gets good there.

scottyphillips Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mudmac
    It was tough conditions that's for sure, I did alot better at West Point in Ga this past weekend. See my post on Ga broad if you like. I can't wait to go back to Talquin though, keep me inform when it gets good there.

West point lake. Boy I loved that lake. I was stationed At Ft. Benning with the Air Force Attachement in 93-95. I fished Lake Harden alot while there. Got a 3 pound crappie mounted on the wall from that lake. Harden was my primary lake for crappie and West point for bass. See you in Talquin in a couple of weeks!