Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Round igloo minnow bucket pic?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Round igloo minnow bucket pic?

I bought one of the orange round coolers and was wondering if anyone had some pictures how they ran the air tube in for the aerator? I would like to use the spout hole and use small fittings.

Post Thanks / Like

I ues 28qt cooler and drilled hole in the side about 1" from the top and ran the hose thru it then took a dremil tool and cut a grove along the inside to hang the arreator works great and does not leak

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kinser
    I ues 28qt cooler and drilled hole in the side about 1" from the top and ran the hose thru it then took a dremil tool and cut a grove along the inside to hang the arreator works great and does not leak
    great idea!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the 6 gallon bucket with lid and aerator fits on lid & all comes together at wally world for like $10-$12.Runs on 2 "d" cell batterys.

Post Thanks / Like

I drilled a 1/4" hole just below the lid and ran enough tubing so the stone hangs about 10" off the bottom. This allows the minnows a place to rest some, rather than swimming them to death. I use a 12 volt Mr. Bubbles air pump with an inline check valve to keep any water from siphoning back into pump, if by chance it was turned off for any reason. Using a long handle dipper with foam taped on the end of the handle for floatation, the water cooler's height works great when positioned between my wife and I when we're front poling. It eliminates all the bending over to get minnows out a regular minnow bucket. I carry up to 2lbs. using this set up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same cooler that I have a stone and oxygen tank hooked up. Keeps bait great and I have yet to see a tired minnow.
    ........if I had sense, I wish it were..........COMMON!!!