Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MO/IL crappie tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default MO/IL crappie tournament

Hello to all viewing the Missouri Board of Crappie.com Threads.

We have talked before about a Fun MO/IL crappie tournament. I was PM from one of the guys on the IL board this week about this subject, "Are you (meaning MO groups) still interested in a match?"

Well we need to find out the answer to that question for ourselves.
    If a MO/IL Fun crappie tournament does not pan out what about setting up a MO Fun crappie tournament or tournaments. And then after we decide when and where, post it on IL/KS/IA/AR boards to see if any others would show up. (Thank you Ted great idea) I really believe this maybe the way to go at first.

Lets get everyone's input on the subject please.

When answering if you would like to share you first name and the city your from and the lakes you fish it maybe helpful in the planning.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all, I am interested in having a MO vs IL. Mostly just get a chance to fish other places that I havent had the chance. And to kick the IL guys butts and for some braggin rights. But if we cant get something worked out between each side. I think that we should try to set up 2 or 3 dates. Maybe one this spring, one for the summer, and then in the fall. This way you may not be able to make it to one or two of the events. But you can show up at another, or just show up at all like I hope too.

I will put my vote for LOZ (fall), Truman (summer), and Mark Twain (spring). I am not against fishing any other lake in Missouri.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I would make MTL fall due to possible spring flooding that occurs every other year. It would cancel an event. But other than that good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that can happen on pretty much lake, at any time of the year. Look at MT when it came up 12' or so in 2 days last August. No one can predicte mother nature and what she will throw at us.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Default just moved to ST.Louis

Just got out of the U.S. Army and moved to St. Louis. I would like to talk to anyone about were to fish. I don't have a boat but if anyone is looking for a fishing partner hit me up [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how many I could attend, but it sounds like fun. It would be a chance to put a face with the names here . Also are you talking about anyone fishing (wives-friends) or just Crappie.com members.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    Don't know how many I could attend, but it sounds like fun. It would be a chance to put a face with the names here . Also are you talking about anyone fishing (wives-friends) or just Crappie.com members.
    Last Year we only had 3 boats and we fished LOZ. Had a great time put faces with names over a drink after we were done. The 3 boats were TAE73/CrappieOutlaw, Bugman/girlfreind, Crappiehead/Paul.
    If I remeber right TAE73/CrappieOutlaw won with Bugman/girlfreind have biggest fish.

If someone wants to carry the ball this year and get one going I am game. I was disappointed last year as so many talked like they would come and only 3 boats showed. On the other hand it made the first round of drinks cheaper for me.
    Last edited by CrappieHead; 01-05-2006 at 06:03 AM.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was alot of fun, it was also nice to put face with a name. Yes it was us that brought in some good fish. I am also like you crappiehead I might be interested in it, but not going to help push it again.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I misunderstood the posts from last year. I thought it might be an annual deal or something. I know the problem though of no one showing up to things. I've been trying for 3 weeks to get a few buddies to commit to a trip with Jerry Blake. With everyones schedule the way they are,it probably ain't going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Yes it was alot of fun, it was also nice to put face with a name. Yes it was us that brought in some good fish. I am also like you crappiehead I might be interested in it, but not going to help push it again.
    I want a lake other than LOZ. I want a lake I can pee over the side of the boat and not get the police called.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast