Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lavon Crappie fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lavon Crappie fishing

Hey guys,
    New to the forum. Actually was just sitting around playing poker on the net and decided to search crappie, and here I am.

I live in Rowlett, almost on Ray Hubbard, but do 95% of my fishing on Lavon. I grew up fishing this lake. We spent most of the winter fishing on Anchor Bay marina, and, if the winter is any indicator we are in for a really hot spring. We catch 23 keepers (we use 11 inches to be safe) and then start culling. Since Christmas I have limited out probably 15-20 times. I'm not bragging (well, maybe a little) but their are guys down there that limit out every day. We stay legal though, aspecially since the little visit from GW two weeks ago.

I have most of my luck on the crappie version of the bass assasin jigs, but also like the crappie pups from Bass Pro Shops. Of course, you can't really go wrong with the standard tube jigs either. Black/chartreuse generally pretty good, but always ready to change and experiment with others when it isn't working.

Wylie, how deep you catching those fish when out in your belly-boat? I checked Brockdale today, and if the Corps doesn't drain it too fast this year, it should be perfect on the cut banks in the roots this year again. I also use the belly boat. If you ever want company, give me a shout. [email protected].

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Pups

Crappie Pups are cheaper at Hook Set Tackle :: Home of the Cobra Head Jig