Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: It's Time

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Time

Couldn't resist going today, got sick at work at about 0900. Started feeling better at about 1030. I think the lake helps me allot with my sickness . Well anyway the water temp got up to 52 in the area i've been catching slabs. Althought the full moon means that they will probably feed more at night, i was able to catch about 10 good slabs, 2 were right at 2lbs. I also ran into some schools of stripers and hybrids, it was a mess fishing with 12 poles by yourself, but I got them in. Sat. and Sun should be the best days, if no more fronts come in. I'm going deep sea fishing in Savanna, so the slabs will have a few more days to live.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it funny how that works. If someone could bottle fishing, we would have a cure for the common cold :D .... Good luck on saltwater excursion. I'll keep the slabs company up here on the hill for ya!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink fFishing, It's Good For What Ail's Ya.

Drill Instructer, It's strange how fresh air and sunshine and being on the water makes you feel better right away . Good luck on your deep water fishing trip. Call me if you have time, I would like to meet you. The red fish and speckled trout should be running now. I am waiting for the red fish magic spinner baits to come in at Bass Pro shop so I can go and catch some big red fish. Good Luck to you! Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jimmy, do you fish from the shore to catch those trout. That is one of my favorite salt water fish to catch next to flounder. I'll be down there soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Salt Water Fishing

Hello D.I. It's hard to catch the speckled trout from shore because ther is just about no good public acess to the trout drops, You realy need a boat to get in the creeks that feed from the sounds . I live about a mile from the intercoastal water way at skidaway island. There is a nice public landing there to put in and a bait shop also.I don't have a nice setup like your gimmie ten, But it takes me fishing and back. I love to catch those red fish and speckled sea trout. The largest red fish I have caught was fourteen pounds plus. He pulled like a bull dog. I fought him for a long time and then he went in the grass and tangled up in it. My partner pulled the anchor and we went in and got him. Man I was give out. They bite best in the spring and late fall. I will send you a pm with my phone number, Give me a call when you come to savannah and I will buy your lunch and talk fishing. Good luck and Gods Blessings Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimmy, looking forward to meeting you.

Post Thanks / Like

JimmyS i think i read in one of your posts a while back that you had knee replacement a while back just woundering how you are getting along. I had my left knee replaced last March 04. It took longer to get going them i though it would about 8-10weeks before i could go like i wanted. Hope everthing is going good for you.Jim C. in Kansas