Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I fixed it!!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I fixed it!!

I was having weird problems with this site. Quick links didn't work properly, couldn't post smiles, couldn't attach pictures, kept having to refresh, etc. I went so far as to delete IE7 and went back to IE6 and still had problems. Also was getting message in lower left of screen "Done but with errors on page". Anyway the fix was to delete temporary internet files, delete cookies, and clear history. Maybe this might help someone else. :rolleyes: :o :D :p
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an Ad Blocker or Spyware blocker? I use Spybot, it is free and it seems to work pretty good. I usually run it once every couple weeks or so. It always finds a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Ie 7

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I was having weird problems with this site. Quick links didn't work properly, couldn't post smiles, couldn't attach pictures, kept having to refresh, etc. I went so far as to delete IE7 and went back to IE6 and still had problems. Also was getting message in lower left of screen "Done but with errors on page". Anyway the fix was to delete temporary internet files, delete cookies, and clear history. Maybe this might help someone else. :rolleyes: :o :D :p
    deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 07:30 PM.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by Charger4404spd
    Do you have an Ad Blocker or Spyware blocker? I use Spybot, it is free and it seems to work pretty good. I usually run it once every couple weeks or so. It always finds a few.

Thanks for the Spybot tip. I just downloaded it and ran it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use firefox and have never had a problem with the site. You can download it at www.mozilla.com and then put on this extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...erfox&status=4

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Adaware is another good freebee. It sort of compliments Spybot.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Bill,

go to download.com and get ccleaner. It is free. It is a registry cleaner. Keeps cookies, registry, etc. tidy.

I highly recommend this to everyone.

http://www.download.com/CCleaner/300...ml?tag=lst-0-1
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    go to download.com and get ccleaner. It is free. It is a registry cleaner. Keeps cookies, registry, etc. tidy.

Thanks for the ccleaner. it works great.
    Thanks CP
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

I second the recommendation for CCleaner. Its one of the handiest progs Ive run across on a while. For those of you who don't know the first C stands for crap. Not crop. :D Its one of the 4 progs I add to most customers computers. AVG Free, Adaware, Zone Alarm free, and CCleaner. Throw away norton. The 3 maintenece progs I like the best regardless if they are free or not, and they aren't are webroot windows washer and spy sweeper, and TuneUp Utilities. Spy Sweeper is the most effective spyware remover and protection I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole

Last edited by GRIZZ; 08-21-2007 at 07:06 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. It is the crap cleaner. Most time when you're on line for a couple of hours, you will get about 50meg of junk on your computer (cookies,temp junk,etc.).this ccleaner cleans up your crap. I run it every time before I shut my Black Beauty off.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast