Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobber Stopper Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobber Stopper Kit

Anyone know where I can get a kit for making the thread bobber stoppers?

Thanks,
    deep-v
    GO STEELER'S!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot of good information on this thread
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=6754

Perhaps some of that will help you out. I noticed where many are tying their own. See you guys on Sept 9th. Buckle up your chin straps. The Browns are back baby!
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for a kit so I can make my own. The basspro links in the thread you linked to don't work.

Anyone know where I can buy a kit with the tool for making thread bobber stoppers?
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

Next time you are in a c-store grab a couple coffee stirrer straws and get after it with some cotton thread.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I have found what I was looking for.

I can't believe I only got two responses to my question. I figured there would be quite a few people on here who use the tool to make their own.
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a 50-pack of pr-tied Thill Bobber Stops in for 5 or 6 bux at Gander Mountain and I only go through a few dozen a year. Maybe I'm just lazy but for a couple bux a year it's not worth it for me to mess with tying my own.

I see Little Joe Lindy has them for $6.41 for a 50 so maybe they are going up - http://lindyfishingtackle.com/tackle...cat=465&page=1 - it's probably been over a year since I bought them at Gander Mountain.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default bobber stops

Quote Originally Posted by deep-v
    I'm looking for a kit so I can make my own. The basspro links in the thread you linked to don't work.

Anyone know where I can buy a kit with the tool for making thread bobber stoppers?
    All you need is a 3" needle ,a spool of bright colored thread i use bright yellow and a bunch of drinking straws. Ican make 5 on a straw in about 2 minutes do the math.I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    I picked up a 50-pack of pr-tied Thill Bobber Stops in for 5 or 6 bux at Gander Mountain and I only go through a few dozen a year. Maybe I'm just lazy but for a couple bux a year it's not worth it for me to mess with tying my own.

I see Little Joe Lindy has them for $6.41 for a 50 so maybe they are going up - http://lindyfishingtackle.com/tackle...cat=465&page=1 - it's probably been over a year since I bought them at Gander Mountain.
    Jerry,

The store boughts fray the line too easy from the heat, even when they are wet. There's something in the material that they use. I'm going to try a different kind of material. I've been going through 8 or so every day I go fishing because of having to cut off the frayed line and re-rig.
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

Since we're on the topic of bobber stops here can anyone tell me what kind of stop won't hang up on the pick up pin in a spin cast reel? I tried rubber, string, rubber band, the ones that look like little metal springs and others. The problem is when you reel in the line the stop hangs on the pick up pin and either jams up or slides down the line requiring the need to reset it almost every cast.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Wannabe ....

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman
    Since we're on the topic of bobber stops here can anyone tell me what kind of stop won't hang up on the pick up pin in a spin cast reel? I tried rubber, string, rubber band, the ones that look like little metal springs and others. The problem is when you reel in the line the stop hangs on the pick up pin and either jams up or slides down the line requiring the need to reset it almost every cast.
    the answer to your question is ... probably none

About the only thing that "may" work ... is tie a knot in your line (and use that for your "bobber stop"). But, then you would only be able to lessen the depth you start with, if you wanted to change depths. Otherwise, you'd have to cut off all the line, from the knot down, and re-rig, for a deeper setting.
    Other than that .... watching for the bobber stop, as it enters the spincast reel, and allowing the line to go into the reel .. loose .. might allow you to not have to reset the bobber stop position. But, you would probably not be able to cast with it.

Neither option is a cure, and both have their own drawbacks. I just don't know of any bobber stops that function well with spincast reels. I have enough trouble with bobber stops on spinning reels ... which is why I seldom use them. If I'm casting ... I rarely use/need a bobber, anyway. And on those occasions where they are necessary ... I'm using a 8ft FnF rod/spinning reel, and fishing less than 10ft deep, anyway.

.... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast