Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kot maxxum

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Minn Kot maxxum

Well went camping this weekend. Everything started out pretty good.Vacation day Friday, got everything set up early. Have a 5th wheel and could not get the hot water heater working. Left to go fish for a while and trolling motor steering stopped working. Got back to the camper and the furnace was on. So not a good weekend. My question is on the trolling motor. Minn Kota maxxum 74# thrust foot controlled. Took the head off and the steering cables came off of the drum. Not sure how they go back but I put them back on and the motor will turn if I push the pedel forward but push down and the pedel just flops in the wind. I am assuming the cables have stretched and I tried the adjustment screw but still no luck. I figure my problem is at the drum. Is there some kind of diagram that I can get that show's how they should be put on? Any help would be appreciated it and anyone know's anything about campers I would appreciate that to. Thanks guys.:D
    Mike Perry

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota maxxum

Thanks. I did find this yesterday on the minn kota website. Still not sure how the cables run around the drum asembly. Need some kind of diagram for it. Probably will have to take it to a dealer and see what they can do. Thanks again.
    Mike Perry